This discussion is closed.
.NK
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by James_W)
All these people saying it's in a 'dodgy' area?
As I said before...the University of Nottingham is not in a dodgy area.

As I said earlier in this thread:

(Original post by .NK)
Nottingham Uni's first year accommodation is mostly on campus and all of it is safe. I'm in uni accommodation just off campus in a town called Beeston which, to me, feels safer than the town I lived in before I came to uni. We have uniformed security men who walk around the accommodation blocks after dark just in case.

The least safe accommodation with the uni is probably the self catered halls on the Jubilee Campus, but they're a lot closer to the centre of the city so it's to be expected. Still, I haven't heard of any problems from people living there this year (they're relatively new so there's lots of security lights, cameras etc).
babylon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by candy88524)
i totally understand, although my maths grade is only a high b, and i'm finding p3 really hard, i probably only get 40-50 ums on that one so i'm relying on my stats papers to really pull my grades up for that b in warwick's offer

are you going on the open day?
yeah i think i will go on the open day....but waiting for letter from Warwick. r u? when is it? I can't really rely on S2 to pull up my marks cos its on friday, haven't done any revision, don't understand it and i failed in my mock last week....:s haha
theECONOMIST
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by candy88524)
is notts usually AAA? i'm not sure, the course details said AAB i think on the prospectus, just checking:: ::typical offer ABB it says.

i'm scared that if i don't make the grades then i will have to go through clearin, which is an area of unknown for me! everybody will be calling everyone else, and thats really tough
What did you apply for, I thought you meant Economics. It would be very odd if you had an econ offer of ABB because thats way out of the ordinary. I am putting nottingham down for insurance and cambridge for firm offer obviously, but if i miraculously missed out on 3A's then i'd be very happy to go to nottingham. It seems many people have an offer from the econ dept even though it is heavily over subscribed, have they made more places available or something?
matouwah
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by theECONOMIST)
What did you apply for, I thought you meant Economics. It would be very odd if you had an econ offer of ABB because thats way out of the ordinary. I am putting nottingham down for insurance and cambridge for firm offer obviously, but if i miraculously missed out on 3A's then i'd be very happy to go to nottingham. It seems many people have an offer from the econ dept even though it is heavily over subscribed, have they made more places available or something?
lol.....IF I MIRACULOUSLY MISSED OUT ON 3A'S....I WOULD HAVE TO GO TO MY EXAMS DRUNK N STONED IN ORDER TO GET THAT...THERES NO WAY I CAN GET BELOW THAT....DAAADAAA DAAAAAAAAA
James_W
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Actually, going into exams lean can be good as my mate demonstrated in his A2's last summer, getting an A in every module. His thesis was that if you revise lean, and do the exam lean - you will pass with flying colours. Jammy bohyo is at Imperial now, lol.
gando
Report 15 years ago
You want to move to Lenton, forest fields, arboretum area or hyson green they are nice places to live, near the city, lively. lenton is full of students.

Radford is quite rough, as is Clifton.
gando
Report 15 years ago
Beeston is Boring. it is also a long way out of town.
shing_a_ding
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
put nottingham down as first choice. hopefullly to do english and american literature in september. depends if i get an A in english though.

fingers crossed!!!!!
James_W
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well I put them down as my firm, just got an offer the other day from them too.

To anyone that isn't going because they are put off by the statistics of crime etc... hahahahahahahahaha.
nodabooper
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by matouwah)
lol.....IF I MIRACULOUSLY MISSED OUT ON 3A'S....I WOULD HAVE TO GO TO MY EXAMS DRUNK N STONED IN ORDER TO GET THAT...THERES NO WAY I CAN GET BELOW THAT....DAAADAAA DAAAAAAAAA

a bit tooo confident, are you not?
rah
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by gando)
Beeston is Boring. it is also a long way out of town.
..but very near campus, is good for first year shopping, second year you should definetly aim for lenton simply because thats where everyone else will be living
babylon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
there r prostitutes on arboretum streets if thats ur kinda thing, lol
Buttons
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by nodabooper)
a bit tooo confident, are you not?
I think he was trying to insult The Economist who said:

...but if i miraculously missed out on 3A's then i'd be very happy to go to nottingham.
But with all the caps and possible attempt at sarcasm, I'm really not sure.
joyabbott
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by gando)
You want to move to Lenton, forest fields, arboretum area or hyson green they are nice places to live, near the city, lively. lenton is full of students.

Radford is quite rough, as is Clifton.
I wouldn't recomment Forest Fields or Hyson Greenas they're 'dodgy areas'. Don't know anything about Arboretum area. Stick to Lenton, Dunkirk and Beeston and all will be well.
nodabooper
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Buttons)
I think he was trying to insult The Economist who said:

But with all the caps and possible attempt at sarcasm, I'm really not sure.

what would you say to someone who says 'oh i am so gonna get 3As'? i, myself have never got anything lower than an A in any of my AS/A Level modules...do you hear me say that? no! and i am not a 'he'! and i didn't attempt sarcasm, i was merely stating the obvious...
andyreid
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by the g)
BBB for Business Management, dunno if I want to get stabbed and shot though.

watch out m8, i already been through those things
joyabbott
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Unfortunately you survived

(I'm joking by the way)
alivewoman
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by .NK)
Nope, that's Nottingham Trent's accommodation.

Nottingham Uni's first year accommodation is mostly on campus and all of it is safe. I'm in uni accommodation just off campus in a town called Beeston which, to me, feels safer than the town I lived in before I came to uni. We have uniformed security men who walk around the accommodation blocks after dark just in case.

The least safe accommodation with the uni is probably the self catered halls on the Jubilee Campus, but they're a lot closer to the centre of the city so it's to be expected. Still, I haven't heard of any problems from people living there this year (they're relatively new so there's lots of security lights, cameras etc).
Hi, just want to clarify something ; there are no self catering halls on Jubilee, there are two, catered halls (Newark and Southwell), and they're both pretty safe!
andyreid
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
in nottingham now they re not even bothering to shoot a gangland hoodlums

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/n...re/3552547.stm
joyabbott
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It is Sneinton though.

It'd obviously be a sweeping statement to say all gun crime is gang related. The vast majority of it is. In this case, just because the motive isn't clear, doesn't mean there is no relation to drugs etc. If you're a member of a gang and have had your house shot at, you're hardly likely to pass that info onto the police "Oh, by the way, I'm the local drug dealer", or "I'm in debt cos of my drug habit" or "I'm a member of a local gang".
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (153)
60.96%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.38%
No- I want it (70)
27.89%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.77%

Watched Threads