The Student Room Group

2011 Music Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dolphin.Girl.78
People for other subjects seem to have loads of offers already :frown:

I know, it makes me cry that loads of other subjects at Manchester have offers and I've heard nothing. :frown:
Reply 81
Hi all, I'm applying for postgrad courses in music at Cambridge, Oxford, King's, Southampton, and RHUL.

Don't know when I'll be hearing my results, but the next degree committee meeting for Cam is Nov 4, so perhaps quite soon from them! KCL said within a month of receiving my application, and I submitted it around Oct 10 or so... should be hearing quite soon from them too, I suppose!

Anyway, good luck all :smile:
Original post by Viceroy
Hi all, I'm applying for postgrad courses in music at Cambridge, Oxford, King's, Southampton, and RHUL.

Don't know when I'll be hearing my results, but the next degree committee meeting for Cam is Nov 4, so perhaps quite soon from them! KCL said within a month of receiving my application, and I submitted it around Oct 10 or so... should be hearing quite soon from them too, I suppose!

Anyway, good luck all :smile:

Good luck with it all! Jonny Cross is a fab lecturer. Hopefully if you get and offer and accept it, he'll treat you well, or at least you'll have good comic value :biggrin:
Reply 83
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Good luck with it all! Jonny Cross is a fab lecturer. Hopefully if you get and offer and accept it, he'll treat you well, or at least you'll have good comic value :biggrin:

Haha, lovely, thanks!
Reply 84
Need some help with my applications;

I play electric guitar mostly jazz doing a diploma in jazz performance soon (DipLCM), didnt do well in my a-levels but got an A in music and am now in year 13.

My choices are:

Leeds college of music (jazz)
Liverpool institute of performing arts
Salford Uni
Liverpool Uni

I need an other, any help?

I did have Newcastle Uni down and was going to apply through partners but my predicted grade in maths aint high enough, got a D last year :/

Cheers Guys!
I got an offer from York! ABB with an A in music! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Anyone else heard from them?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 86
I got an offer from York! ABB with an A in music! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Anyone else head from them?

Congrats! SAME! And same offer - Just heard :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 87
Original post by 4milliganj
Need some help with my applications;
I play electric guitar mostly jazz doing a diploma in jazz performance soon (DipLCM), didnt do well in my a-levels but got an A in music and am now in year 13.
My choices are:
Leeds college of music (jazz)
Liverpool institute of performing arts
Salford Uni
Liverpool Uni
I need an other, any help?

I'm a guitarist applying for LCM Jazz and Liverpool Uni as well! *hi fives* Surrey is meant to be very good, has similar entry to Liverpool, unless you're looking at more places up north (like your choices seem to be).

Wish I've been sent my Track details now so I can start getting the offers -_-
Original post by Jamieq
SAME! And same offer - Just heard :biggrin:

Yayyy I'm so excited!! I was a bit shocked because I thought they interview and audition :s-smilie: Does this mean they won't...?
Reply 89
Yayyy I'm so excited!! I was a bit shocked because I thought they interview and audition :s-smilie: Does this mean they won't...?

Yeah I thought the same, so I checked their website and it does say 'may' interview, so I guess we don't have one!
Reply 90
Original post by Jamieq
Yeah I thought the same, so I checked their website and it does say 'may' interview, so I guess we don't have one!

arghhh this wait is killing me! :s-smilie: My application was sent of on the 13th so really hoping to get York! :smile:
Reply 91
im not really fussed which part of the country it is, just wanna go somewhere good!
Reply 92
I got an offer from York! ABB with an A in music! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Anyone else heard from them?

Original post by Jamieq

Well done! :biggrin:
Original post by Jamieq

And me!! :woo:
Reply 94
Original post by ChopinNocturne
And me!! :woo:

Congrats! :smile: Have you visited?
Original post by Jamieq
Congrats! :smile: Have you visited?

Had a look round the department but not on an open day, so not seen the uni as a whole yet.

I need to update the OP now people are starting to get offers and such!
Original post by Jamieq

I thought this as well but I'm guessing the fact that we have offers implies that we don't! :woo:
Reply 97
finally some music people!

i'm applying to:

Leeds- offer ABB
Manchester- interview on the 11th november
Birmingham
Royal Hollaway
Bristol

and then:

Trinity Laban college of music- audition on 29th nov
guildhall- audition 17th dec
royal northern college of music- audition 10th nov
royal college of music

and i'm a main instrument voice(Soprano) :smile:
Reply 98
also anyone else have a BMus audition for leeds?
Reply 99
Feel free to PM me if you want advice about music interviews at either Oxford or Cambridge. Or life in general as a music student. Or life in general.

... Ok, maybe not life in general.

Quick Reply

Latest