The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

University Hall distance from town centre

Hi,

I'm a fresher starting this September, and have been assigned a room in University Hall. I am studying German and Philosophy, and on the map it appears the hall is quite far from these departments.
How long does it take to walk from the hall to these departments/town centre?
Also, how safe is it to walk back there at night, and is it easy to find people to walk with from society activities at the union, music centre etc. at night?

Thank you.
Reply 1
10-15 mins at most - it's pretty safe + there is a drunk bus on Fridays.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Sambo2
10-15 mins at most - it's pretty safe + there is a drunk bus on Fridays.

I'm sure I'd be right in thinking that St Andrews itself is pretty much 100% safe crime wise, at least should be compared to the town I'm used to (Blackpool!)
Reply 3
Lala29
Hi,

I'm a fresher starting this September, and have been assigned a room in University Hall. I am studying German and Philosophy, and on the map it appears the hall is quite far from these departments.
How long does it take to walk from the hall to these departments/town centre?
Also, how safe is it to walk back there at night, and is it easy to find people to walk with from society activities at the union, music centre etc. at night?

Thank you.

I was literally just thinking this. Looks like its about 10-15 mins. Whereabouts are you in University Hall?
Reply 4
Paul92
I'm sure I'd be right in thinking that St Andrews itself is pretty much 100% safe crime wise, at least should be compared to the town I'm used to (Blackpool!)

not 100% safe at all..
Reply 5
Sambo2
not 100% safe at all..

Can you expand on that? I'm sure there were 7 reported violent assaults last year, from something I read. In Blackpool we have 20 a week, 4 of which will usually be stabbings.
Reply 6
Paul92
Can you expand on that? I'm sure there were 7 reported violent assaults last year, from something I read. In Blackpool we have 20 a week, 4 of which will usually be stabbings.

obviosuly compared to big cities it's safe as houses but I wouldn't say it's totally crime free.. you still need to excerise a sensible level of caution obviously.. I know people who have been assulted and I have had stuff stolen..

Latest

Trending

Trending