The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think most of us have skived off at some point. I'm sure I have but then I did it because my boss was a complete d***.
You know you're only feeling the guilt because your boss has treated you fair in return! If the guilt gets to you that much, you could even show your commitment to your boss by going in even when you are that tired.
As least you know your conscience is easily roused. I'd say that's good.
Reply 2
Very nice idea to post and brag about it here - with any luck your boss will see it :rolleyes:
Yeah of course. A nasty hangover became "a touch of the flu" once. As for your conscience, well I wouldn't worry too much or the stress might make you ill. :rolleyes:
Reply 4
ruthiepooos
I didn't get any sleep last night so I rang my boss up to say that I have food poisoning and I'd just been sick but she's so nice dammit and I really don't feel well enough to work and would fall asleep all the time...
Anybody else ever skived off work/used embarassingly stupid excuse stories?

Don't worry about it now, you've already done it. You can't go back now, just make the most of it and see if you can rest up, as you sound like you need it. If you still feel guilty just work harder when you get back.

There's no point in taking the time off just to worry all day.
Reply 5
once i said i had food poisoning so that i could go to the zoo!! unforunately the day after i was strolling down the high street and saw my boss >.<, how awkward! (i don't work there anymore) x
Reply 6
im thinking of doing the same thing now........what should i do?
Reply 7
im supposed to start at 3pm to 11pm. So what should i say.......its just ive got loads of homework and study to do and i will be away all day tomorrow.
Reply 8
is it bad that i dont feel any guilt whatsoever whwen i do things like this?
TKR

Don't know about bad but it's not just you! :smile:
Reply 10
Yes.

I have the *****, is the only excuse you ever need.

:smile:
TKR

Well yes, it is bad, but totally normal!
I feel worse about my colleagues having to cope without me than upsetting my boss - all my bosses so far have been total and utter p****s.
a hangover became a "nasty fever".

the bosses knew it was a hangover..well the supervisers did. In fact i told em. They dont care theyre cool :smile:
Reply 13
New Years Eve working behind a bar is a b****! But, the advantage, of course, is that you an lube your throat with some of the "leftover" booze and really enjoy the night! Although, I did trip over and the game was up! :biggrin:

There was no way in hell I'd have got away with pulling a sickie on New Years. But we all tried anyway!
Reply 14
I get past any guilt by remembering the times my boss has shafted me. :tongue:
Reply 15
scutt
I get past any guilt by remembering the times my boss has shafted me. :tongue:

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Reply 16
Yeah I've done it before. I reckon most people do it at some time; yes it is wrong and dishonest, but nobody is an angel! You'll feel guilty for like the next day, and then you'll get over it. Enjoy the sleep is what I'd say.