This discussion is closed.
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
hmmm, want to do a quick poll here about cannabis.

please poll your experience with it.

good/bad about it.

does it deserve to be reclassed class C, should it be legalised?

i know this has been done before, but i dont want to resurrect an old thread.

if it turns to mindless chatter this is where all the hairy hippies can hang out
capslock
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Missing option "i am smoking it right now!" Or is that implicit in "ZAGREB! WHOMPAZAR!!!" i wonder...
TK0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
im sure its lovely to smoke however i quite like the state of my mind (oh and body)so i dont.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
There's another missing option

"haven't smoked it, but been offered it"

I've heard mixed stories about it, i've heard it's not as bad as cigarettes as there isn't tar, but i also heard that cannabis can screw up your brain and can cause defects in babies. I don't think Cannabis is any worse than Alcohol so i think it should be legalised. It will take away business from drug dealers which can only be a good thing too.
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by capslock)
Missing option "i am smoking it right now!" Or is that implicit in "ZAGREB! WHOMPAZAR!!!" i wonder...
The latter
TK0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I don't think Cannabis is any worse than Alcohol so i think it should be legalised. It will take away business from drug dealers which can only be a good thing too.
it does cause cancer tho, also the experiment in portugal (i think) and holland were failures as all we would do is attract the stoners from the rest of the world here which isnt a good thing. We dont actually need this stuff
MattG
Rep:
?
(Original post by capslock)
heh heh heh

sry about the missing options, cant please everyone

those who dont smoke it, do u mind it? would u sit in a room wiv ppl smoking it? or would u just want to get out of there?
serendipity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
u missed out "i have smoked it, hated it, but would give it another go if offerred money"
serendipity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
heh heh heh

those who dont smoke it, do u mind it? would u sit in a room wiv ppl smoking it? or would u just want to get out of there?
I enjoy sitting in a room with other people smoking it. A caravan is good.
MattG
Rep:
?
(Original post by serendipity)
I enjoy sitting in a room with other people smoking it. A caravan is good.
but you dont like smokng it personally? the taste etc or the effect?
TK0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
heh heh heh

lol, personally i think it smells of cat piss and ppl smoking it arent exactly best company. besides passive smokings never great.
Kalypso
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I really believe that if Cannabis and Alcohol were presented as new substances today, and that one had to be made illegal, Alcohol, not Cannabis, would be the one chosen.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TK0)
it does cause cancer tho, also the experiment in portugal (i think) and holland were failures as all we would do is attract the stoners from the rest of the world here which isnt a good thing. We dont actually need this stuff
So does cigarettes, so does deodorant, what doesn't cause cancer nowadays according to the scientists? Alcohol leads to loss of brain cells, it can lead to unemployment and many other things too.
TK0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
So does cigarettes, so does deodorant, what doesn't cause cancer nowadays according to the scientists? Alcohol leads to loss of brain cells, it can lead to unemployment and many other things too.
yeh ok granted but relatively speaking its worse than deodorant or cigarettes - which i dont like either
deathisg0d
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
This is where the sixteen year old american druggie guy (me) can actually provide some help.

The big MJ is actually nearly as unhealthy as cigarettes, as you can see here:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabi...is_info3.shtml

If i knew the drug systems in the UK i would understand better what you meant by class C. Here we have scedule l, scedule ll, and scedule lll drugs. Scedule l's resulting in least punishment and lll's resulting in highest. I believe that the drug is a scedule l here in the US, and i'm not sure if that is the same as the class C you have there or not.

Seeing as many people are trying to demote simply public cigarette smoking, i think you would have more people arguing to be able to do that before even toking up legally at their homes, although i certainly wouldn't mind it, even if i'm not that heavy of a cannabis smoker myself.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How is Cannabis worse than Cigarettes?
MattG
Rep:
?
Personally i would rather smoke pot than drink (sadly for my brain and my ticker i do both) stoners arent as bad as drunks, not by a long shot
Kalypso
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
stoners arent as bad as drunks, not by a long shot
exactly... you hardly hear stories of stoners who go home and beat up their wives/husbands/partners/children.
MattG
Rep:
?
(Original post by deathisg0d)
This is where the sixteen year old american druggie guy (me) can actually provide some help.

The big MJ is actually nearly as unhealthy as cigarettes, as you can see here:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabi...is_info3.shtml

If i knew the drug systems in the UK i would understand better what you meant by class C. Here we have scedule l, scedule ll, and scedule lll drugs. Scedule l's resulting in least punishment and lll's resulting in highest. I believe that the drug is a scedule l here in the US, and i'm not sure if that is the same as the class C you have there or not.

Seeing as many people are trying to demote simply public cigarette smoking, i think you would have more people arguing to be able to do that before even toking up legally at their homes, although i certainly wouldn't mind it, even if i'm not that heavy of a cannabis smoker myself.
heres some info on uk law:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1615851.stm
deathisg0d
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
and... for the cancer concearn, use a water-bong, or gravity-hitter, both clean the smoke signifigantly. :-P
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (8)
32%
No (15)
60%
Don't know (2)
8%

Watched Threads