The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lancelot <3

Arthur <3

Ohhh, too much hotness to choose from :sad:
(edited 13 years ago)
Come on iPlayer! Put it up so I can watch it!
Original post by VelvetFox
What a fantastic end to the series, some really powerful stuff on our screens tonight. I loved the Morgana/Uther scene in the cells; you can completely tell that Uther's never going to be the same again after this. Losing Morgana shook him to the core, now the world as he knew it has collapsed around him. ASH was totally on the money tonight.

Absolutely loved the bromance moments, Bradley and Colin are just too adorable for their own good. I wish we'd had a few more scenes like the ones we saw tonight spread across the series- it's clearly in these times of need Arthur realises how truly important Merlin is to him. I have to say though, my favourite scene was probably the one with Lancelot and Merlin, "You're the one who should be knighted"- this whole episode seemed like a gateway to a "new beginning" and that scene (and the final scene of Arthur/Merlin on the steps) seemed to encapsulate that completely- it feels like it's been acknowledged that things have changed and will be changing, and one day the secrecy will burn away.

Mind's a bit of a blur, I'm sure I'll have more to comment on once I've let it settle a bit/watched again. :tongue:

I agree with this 100%. There was definitely a sense of things being different.

I loved the scene with

Spoiler

I'm still buzzing :woo:.
Reply 303
Can someone refresh my memory as to how Lancelot found out that Merlin was magic?

I'm confused as to why the Morgs didn't send out some assassins to kill Arthur if they knew he was alive, rather than count on Gwen and/or Sir Leon to know where he was.
Reply 304
im gna wait till everyone goes to bed so i can watch it with no interruptions from my noisy family
Original post by Hopple
Can someone refresh my memory as to how Lancelot found out that Merlin was magic?

I'm confused as to why the Morgs didn't send out some assassins to kill Arthur if they knew he was alive, rather than count on Gwen and/or Sir Leon to know where he was.

The Griffin with Merlin making the lance held by Lancelot magical (blue) which is what killed it.
Reply 306
Original post by SirMasterKey
The Griffin with Merlin making the lance held by Lancelot magical (blue) which is what killed it.

Ah, I remember now, thanks :smile:
Great ending to the series.

I can't see Lacelot and Gwain both staying in Camelot. The actors don't seem like the type who'd be happy fumbling around in the background most of the time. I might be wrong.

So is Morgana gonna be the wicked witch of the east-type enemy in the next series? Could they make her any paler? lol
when does iplayer update?
Reply 309
Loved the final episode, but I was soooo sure that Merlin was going to reveal his magic in this one!
Also, am I correct in thinking the next season is going to be the final one?
I don't like Lancelot -_- he still seems a bit wimpy to me. Gwaine however, has always been my favourite :colone:
Loved that Merlin was at Arthurs right side at the table. And at the end when Arthur says something along the lines of 'My boots are filthy... I'll call someone to clean them.' As opposed to geting Merlin to do them :colondollar:

The next season doesn't start until 2012? Are you ****ing kidding me? Just becasue of Doctor Who? ... I love Doctor Who but... now I hate the decision to split the season in half even more :angry: Barstards.

EDIT: Did I forget Freya? FREYA!!!!!!!!!!!! :suith:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 310
Original post by greenpeas
I read an interview on digital spy with the producer saying that it was due to budget cuts rather unpopularity. More upsetting is the fact that he said that it would be shown until early 2012

Are you joking? I can't believe we have wait more than a year.
Reply 311
Original post by ~Kat~
Loved the final episode, but I was soooo sure that Merlin was going to reveal his magic in this one!
I don't like Lancelot -_- he still seems a bit wimpy to me. Gwaine however, has always been my favourite :colone:
Loved that Merlin was at Arthurs right side at the table. And at the end when Arthur says something along the lines of 'My boots are filthy... I'll call someone to clean them.' As opposed to geting Merlin to do them :colondollar:

The next season doesn't start until 2012? Are you ****ing kidding me? Just becasue of Doctor Who? ... I love Doctor Who but... now I hate the decision to split the season in half even more :angry: Barstards.

Agreed. You've pretty much summed up how I was feeling with that episode. Although, I actually thought we would see more of Freya than her hand when she gave Excalibur to Merlin.
Original post by ~Kat~
I don't like Lancelot -_- he still seems a bit wimpy to me. Gwaine however, has always been my favourite :colone:Loved that Merlin was at Arthurs right side at the table. And at the end when Arthur says something along the lines of 'My boots are filthy... I'll call someone to clean them.' As opposed to geting Merlin to do them :colondollar:

Galahad is my favourite Knight I think and we haven't met him yet! :frown:

Original post by silent ninja
Great ending to the series.

I can't see Lacelot and Gwain both staying in Camelot. The actors don't seem like the type who'd be happy fumbling around in the background most of the time. I might be wrong.

So is Morgana gonna be the wicked witch of the east-type enemy in the next series? Could they make her any paler? lol

Shall be interesting to see Uther's reaction to them two considering he banished them both from Camelot before!

She could become like Nimeuh in the first series with doing evil spells and stuff on Camelot trying to make it fall. So woulbe be the wicked witch of the east type however I hope they don't do it similar to Nimueh as then it's 'been there, done that'

Original post by Petehasfeet
when does iplayer update?

It updated around the time you posted as I finished watching it on iPlayer about twenty minutes ago.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 313
Well this is awkward.
OMG you're kidding me, no Merlin until 2012??!! *cries*

I loved the ending of this series, but ARGH doesn't it just frustrate you to the core that Merlin won't tell Arthur about his magic? I am dying for him to tell him, I really am!
It will ruin it if he finds out about his magic. It's kinda like Lois Lane finding out Clark Kent is Superman. It goes downhill from there!
Was a massive fan of the Robin Hood BBC series that Merlin replaced - so I never watched it (probably out of some buried resentment, hah :p:). Buttt I caught the episode today and it looked really good! Kind of sad I haven't watched it now - would you all say it's worth going back and watching? Like is it always as good as today's ep? (I know it was a finale so bound to be a bit more dramatic, butttt...)
Reply 317
OMG it was amazing and when they were all round the table it nearly made me cry!
Merlin should have been knighted!!!
Reply 318
Original post by lozz2601
Was a massive fan of the Robin Hood BBC series that Merlin replaced - so I never watched it (probably out of some buried resentment, hah :p:). Buttt I caught the episode today and it looked really good! Kind of sad I haven't watched it now - would you all say it's worth going back and watching? Like is it always as good as today's ep? (I know it was a finale so bound to be a bit more dramatic, butttt...)

Defo mate the best thing since ashes to ashes.
Original post by Jay99
Defo mate the best thing since ashes to ashes.

Might have been the best way you could have sold it ever....A2A was like my favourite program!
Ace :biggrin: Have been looking for something to watch. Excited!

Latest