The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by aefli

:rolleyes: historically a higher-ranking young woman in circumstances similar to Gwen's would show more, so probably more; but then again, her dresses have always been too low cut.

That's what I was getting at :tongue: Fancy clothes show more, but queens don't show more than Gwen currently does. Plus I think the BBC would still want to put the show on CBBC with only minor edits :wink:
Reply 1381
Original post by Hopple
That's what I was getting at :tongue: Fancy clothes show more, but queens don't show more than Gwen currently does. Plus I think the BBC would still want to put the show on CBBC with only minor edits :wink:

For portraits the often a lot more would but shown thats later on circa 17th century. Looking at the photos it's about the same level.

Thats true. But they did say it will be more adult this series (including more complex plot lines). I thought the fourth series was much more adult and darker that the previous three. :smile:
Original post by maxcartwright
how do you know its a week?????????????

It's the comic con date 15th of July :biggrin:
I know i've seen the pics some of them look reaallly nice on GWEN!! :biggrin::cool:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by S_123
Has anyone seen these Series 5 set photos? Gwen looks amazing! As do the knights :wink:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.393005264067830.77557.178435575524801&type=3

Oh wow! Gwen's dresses are stunning! And who doesn't love a knight in chainmail and sunglasses?!

One of the knights in those photos looks like someone and if I'm right it could technically lead to a spoiler so I've hidden it.

Spoiler

Original post by Emmie3303
Oh wow! Gwen's dresses are stunning! And who doesn't love a knight in chainmail and sunglasses?!

One of the knights in those photos looks like someone and if I'm right it could technically lead to a spoiler so I've hidden it.

Spoiler

i think something i've read somewhere says that arthur initially likes mordred and doesn't realise what his true intention is, which is to kill arthur.
Reply 1386

Spoiler

I'm going to agree with you on that knight/sunglasses mix. :wink:

Spoiler

Original post by maxcartwright
i think something i've read somewhere says that arthur initially likes mordred and doesn't realise what his true intention is, which is to kill arthur.

Original post by aefli
I'm going to agree with you on that knight/sunglasses mix. :wink:

Spoiler

Ah, I see :smile:. I don't tend to read spoilers or even plot points before the episodes are shown so I'm not really clued up on rumours/speculation. In any case I can't wait for September! For the last three or four years Merlin has actually made me look forward to the end of summer!
Reply 1388
Ah, I see :smile:. I don't tend to read spoilers or even plot points before the episodes are shown so I'm not really clued up on rumours/speculation. In any case I can't wait for September! For the last three or four years Merlin has actually made me look forward to the end of summer!

Oh, I'm inpatient when it comes to TV/movies. :colondollar: Thats true, 29th September will be a good day! :smile:
Original post by aefli
Oh, I'm inpatient when it comes to TV/movies. :colondollar: Thats true, 29th September will be a good day! :smile:

It's so tempting to read all the spoilers but I'd rather be surprised :p:. It will be a brilliant day!
Reply 1390
It's so tempting to read all the spoilers but I'd rather be surprised :p:. It will be a brilliant day!

I gave in to temptation.....
Isn't doctor who starting on that day (or around) too. :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Trailllerrr in 6 days!! OMG! :biggrin:
sorry guys im just really excited :tongue:
can't wait....
Original post by S_123
Has anyone seen these Series 5 set photos? Gwen looks amazing! As do the knights :wink:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.393005264067830.77557.178435575524801&type=3

Wow, love Gwen's dresses! Can't wait for the season 5 promo on the 15th!

Still trying to find that interview about Arthur, but it's proving to be hopeless :frown:
Original post by aefli
I gave in to temptation.....
Isn't doctor who starting on that day (or around) too. :smile:

:p:

Really?! Now that just makes it even better!
Reply 1394
:p:

Really?! Now that just makes it even better!

Yep. :^_^: Should be a good few weeks for TV.
Reply 1395
Started watching this yesterday, thought it was alright. The girl playing Guinevere isn't how I'd picture her though, especially after considering all the other portrayals of her.
Reply 1396
The main reason I was watching this show was because of Arthur, who you know, is meant to be pretty great, yet he pretty much always needs the help of Merlin to win any fight. I know Merlin is the main character but after watching this show you'd think Arthur was someone that wouldn't be able to accomplish any task without Merlin secretly helping him all the time. And then you have Excalibur, which you see Merlin use to kill and not Arthur, Arthur ain't even picked it up yet.

I probably sound really whingy there :colondollar: But I do think the show undermines (?) Arthur.
errr can someone tell me whenthis starts again i've forgot :frown:
Original post by techno836
errr can someone tell me whenthis starts again i've forgot :frown:

heyy :tongue: it starts on saturday 29th of september :biggrin:< i can't wait!!:cool:
Original post by Deshi
The main reason I was watching this show was because of Arthur, who you know, is meant to be pretty great, yet he pretty much always needs the help of Merlin to win any fight. I know Merlin is the main character but after watching this show you'd think Arthur was someone that wouldn't be able to accomplish any task without Merlin secretly helping him all the time. And then you have Excalibur, which you see Merlin use to kill and not Arthur, Arthur ain't even picked it up yet.

I probably sound really whingy there :colondollar: But I do think the show undermines (?) Arthur.

I see your point, I never really considered this, but yeah in a way I think you could be right but I still think he makes a lot of decisions on his own that make him a great King! :tongue:

Latest