Turn on thread page Beta

Help!!! Physics test tomorrow watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've got a Physics test tomorrow and I think I need to know some equations. I think they are called kilomatics or something, one of is something like V=U+at
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    kinematics i think?
    v=u+at
    s=ut+1/2at^2
    v^2=u^2+2as

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazza)
    I've got a Physics test tomorrow and I think I need to know some equations. I think they are called kilomatics or something, one of is something like V=U+at
    thanks
    Kinematics....

v = u + at

s = ut + 1/2 (at^2)

v^2 = u^2 + 2as

i think thats them

Good Luck

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazza)
    thanks
    Hmm buddy... equations of motion. Damn I used these so many times I can reel them off in my sleep

(1) v=u+at
    (2) v^2=u^2+2as
    (3) s=ut+(at^2)/2

You should really already know these if you got a test tomorrow! But anyway, good luck.

ReputationRep:
    s=vt-(1/2)a(t^2) doesn't include u
    s=((u+v)/2)t doesn't include a
    s=ut+(1/2)a(t^2) doesn't include v
    v^2=(u^2)+2as doesn't include t
    v=u+at doesn't incluse s

You can see that when you have any three known values you can always find a fourth, and subsequently the fifth.

You may also want F=ma, p=mv, kE=(1/2)m(v^2), pE=mgh

ReputationRep:
    thanks everyone, I probably shouldn't have left it until today to start revising. At least it's not too important, I hope!

ReputationRep:
    what's U? lol, I suck at Physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazza)
    what's U? lol, I suck at Physics
    u = inital velocity
    v = final velocity
    t = time
    s = displacement (NOT distance)
    a = acceleration

Remember all these are relative +ve or -ve.

ReputationRep:
    if that newton guy had never been around we wouldn't have to do this crap and our lives would be so much easeir.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitchhiker_13)
    kinematics i think?
    v=u+at
    s=ut+1/2at^2
    v^2=u^2+2as

well, these are the kinematics eqn.....hazza, have'nt u studied as yet ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    if that newton guy had never been around we wouldn't have to do this crap and our lives would be so much easeir.
    How can you say that! Newton was probably the most influential physicist of all times. He formed our fundemental understanding of physics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capslock)
    How can you say that! Newton was probably the most influential physicist of all times. He formed our fundemental understanding of physics!
    And calculas...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capslock)
    very true....very true.........
    i second that !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hexa)
    And calculas...
    That stupid Newton guy has screwed us over badly with calculus as well. Anyone who has to do multivairable differentation will agree with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prince_capri)
    very true....very true.........
    i second that !!!
    Stop saying this at every oppurtunity please! You post this no matter what other people say!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    That stupid Newton guy has screwed us over badly with calculus as well. Anyone who has to do multivairable differentation will agree with me.
    I hope you are been ironic, else you get a big *SLAP*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hexa)
    Stop saying this at every oppurtunity please! You post this no matter what other people say!
    i said that because it was really true and i believed in it..........would u please stop going anti-me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hexa)
    And calculas...
    Calculus.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.