Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Yay!! Someone else has actually heard of Caius!!!! WAHEY!!

G
    Well, unfortunately, yeah :rolleyes: They have a good rep for Medicine, but the college itself isn't so well liked. Their men were Head of the River today; but almost no-one cheered as they went past, and we did for everyone else (except John's, of course )

ReputationRep:
    did you cheer for trinity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamierwilliams)
    did you cheer for trinity?
    I cheered a bit for 1st & 3rd because my friend's brother was in it. Not quite as much as we did for Clare though

ReputationRep:
    are caiuns very popular then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Well, unfortunately, yeah :rolleyes: They have a good rep for Medicine, but the college itself isn't so well liked. Their men were Head of the River today; but almost no-one cheered as they went past, and we did for everyone else (except John's, of course )

Wigan were very much hated in the late 80's early 90's, but they were still all conquering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamierwilliams)
    are caiuns very popular then?
    Not as a college. And not in rowing especially apparently. I have some nice friends there though.

Joey - that's probably exactly why people don't like them. That and they're closing Gardies. Btw - Clare women bumped LMBC

ReputationRep:
    Not as a college. And not in rowing especially apparently. I have some nice friends there though.

Joey - that's probably exactly why people don't like them. That and they're closing Gardies. Btw - Clare women bumped LMBC
    That means nothing to me. I dont even know what bumped means. I presume its about rowing, so I wouldnt be bothered either way, people can have their crap minor sport

ReputationRep:
    There you go again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hash)
    There you go again!
    Sorry, I missed the part when it became a major sport.

ReputationRep:
    I missed the part when it was a crap sport

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hash)
    I missed the part when it was a crap sport
    The fact that it is a minor sport makes it crap in my eyes. Its only good when there is major stakes on the line like the Olympics, then its interesting. Although no doubt the BBC would miss up the opportunity to show their 'world cup' because it will be so cheap to buy the rights for, and fit in with the BBC's other **** scheduling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    That means nothing to me. I dont even know what bumped means. I presume its about rowing, so I wouldnt be bothered either way, people can have their crap minor sport
    Take a guess at what "bumped" means. Basically we beat them.

And rowing here is neither crap nor minor. I'm not a boatie, but even I'll say that - I had a really good time today.

ReputationRep:
    Take a guess at what "bumped" means. Basically we beat them.

And rowing here is neither crap nor minor. I'm not a boatie, but even I'll say that - I had a really good time today.
    In Cambridge perhaps, but its too simple a sport for me.

''I propose the Steve Redgrave Suite''

''Sir..Steve Redgrave, christ they are giving them out to anybody these days, how hard can it be t'row a boat'' Brian Potter.

ReputationRep:
    In Cambridge perhaps, but its too simple a sport for me.
    Oh, we are up our own arse, aren't we? I can't wait till you meet the LMBC men

Please don't let's start this lame argument again...

ReputationRep:
    Oh, we are up our own arse, aren't we? I can't wait till you meet the LMBC men

Please don't let's start this lame argument again...
    Whatever LMBC mens mean I have no Idea. Similary I would love for them to come up to Lancashire and get laughed at

Hmm, Brain Potter tells the truth though

ReputationRep:
    Rowing is for boaties.
    Rugby is for rugger buggers.
    I'm a boatie.
    You're a rugger bugger.
    Let's just put our differences aside and get on with life.

However, I'm going to watch the women's rugby varsity match next week. A total of SEVEN Hilda's girls are on the blues' squad!!! Pretty impressive...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    Rowing is for boaties.
    Rugby is for rugger buggers.
    I'm a boatie.
    You're a rugger bugger.
    Let's just put our differences aside and get on with life.

I am going to watch the women's rugby varsity match next week. A total of SEVEN Hilda's girls are on the blues' squad!!! Pretty impressive...

I thought you played rugby too?

Serious, you been rowing your whole life, or is since you been at Uni?

ReputationRep:
    I thought you played rugby too?

Serious, you been rowing your whole life, or is since you been at Uni?
    I play for college sometimes. Not good enough for blues lol!!!

Only been rowing since I started uni. The only people who seem to have rowed at all before are usually Etonians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    I play for college sometimes. Not good enough for blues lol!!!

Only been rowing since I started uni. The only people who seem to have rowed at all before are usually Etonians.
    Stonyhurst have a rowing team. ALthough they did, no one wanted to do it, there is a boat some where though. I'd probably make a very good rower but i'll just leave it at that.

Why bumped for getting beat? Its not like there is any contact between boats, it confuses me.

ReputationRep:
    Why bumped for getting beat? Its not like there is any contact between boats, it confuses me.
    Lol, bumps racing is quite confusing I guess. Sometimes there is contact between the boats, and coxes and bows sometimes get taken out in the lower divisions here lol!!!! Can get quite violent. Torpids is starting this week, so I'm sure there will be plenty of hospital trips. Basically in bumps races all the crews are in divisions and line up along the river. The aim is to move up to the head of the river by 'bumping' the crew in front of you. In some races (eg. Summmer Eights) if you get bumped, you're out, in others not. If you do particularly well you move up a division. Sometimes the criteria for being 'bumped' changes, but it's usually when another crew makes contact with either the boat, blades, or a crew member (!!!!), rows clean past you, or the cox of the boat about to be bumped raises their arm to indicate that a bump is about to happen in order to save his/her skin.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.