what is affix stamp?

Watch this thread
ChiquitaBanana
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
im replying to studnet finance and their lettter says affix stamp here so do i place a 1st class stmp there or jus send itttt
Gamer99
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 years ago
Lilrascal19
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Definitely a facepalm moment.
easter_bunny
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
I think it means stick it to your head.

You started this thread, so I can see this actually happening.
ChiquitaBanana
Rep:
lol will someone just tell me please so i can post this damn letter before the postman arrives
Carl
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
it mean A-FIX STAMP. As in don't fix stamp. So send it without a stamp. SFE definitely wouldn't want to you put a stamp on there, so don't.

EDIT: out of curiosity what uni are you going to?
Sweet_Comrade
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Put it over the place you're usually meant to stick the stamp.
moneyballs2
Report 11 years ago
When somebody is kind enough to tell you the answer and/or when you realise what you just said, you're going to want to kick yourself so hard!
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=def...ient=firefox-a
username91207
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
I'll tell you because I'm nice

"Affix stamp" means "Stick stamp here"
JONNYCMW
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
it requires a stamp from Affix
jellybeanjen
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Affix (v): to secure to something; attach.

So put a stamp - first or second class - where it says "affix stamp here". Simples.
marcusfox
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ChiquitaBanana)
im replying to studnet finance and their lettter says affix stamp here so do i place a 1st class stmp there or jus send itttt
Affix - –verb (used with object) - to fasten, join, or attach: to affix stamps to a letter.

Are you sure university is right for you? :rolleyes:
ChiquitaBanana
Rep:
i just posted it, i was going to send it wihout a stamp, but i asked the postwoman lol she said to put a blue stamp on it, 60 something pence it was. and yes university, im in my 4ht year people! I just dont see the word AFFIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GAWDDDD
ChiquitaBanana
Rep:
people arnt very nice on here or maby your all IMMAUTRE!
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Law... WHAT.
lazy smurf
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
For real? Wow you iz gonna struggle in uni blud
Urban Protocol
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
wow
Jez RR
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by JONNYCMW)
it requires a stamp from Affix
Best place to get an Affix Stamp is the post office. They may send you away but don't be discouraged - they keep a special cupboard full of them. Along with the striped paint and a rubber hammer.
Lamptastic
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
I may be "IMMAUTRE" but at least I'm not stupid.

This thread actually made me laugh. Well done.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (24)
18.6%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (14)
10.85%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.75%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
17.05%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (33)
25.58%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
20.16%

Watched Threads