When does Term 1 end? (question from an international student...)

University Navigation

    • Thread Starter

    I understand that RHUL says Term 1 ends December 10th, but does that mean all students are done then or is that period followed by exams and finals for courses that last just the one term?

    Understand I ask this question as an international coming from the U.S., so I am just looking to learn. That way I can also book my flight home after term in time before costs go up.

    Thanks for any help

    It should mean that the term is fully over then. I do not go to that uni personally, but I believe that most uni exams are in January if you have them in winter (mine and other friends who go have them then), so I imagine they would be when you go back after your break. You are best emailing the uni to double check, but I can't see the uni students needing to be there for any reason if it is not inside the announced term dates- summer term does not generally end until the exam period is up, so I believe it is the same for the winter term.

    It means everything is finished and all (well certainly Undergrad) students are done. A lot of courses only have exams roughly in may but those that have some earlier have them in january.
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 1, 2010
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Electronic notes or handwritten notes?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.