Anyone not wearing hoodie and jeans to college? Watch

such_a_lady
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
So I know that most people come to college looking like they've rolled out of bed, grabbed something and run, but I wanted to see if there was anyone on TSR who doesn't- e.g. if you make a conscious effort to wear something different. I know that no one really cares what people wear at college, but is there anyone who enjoys wearing smart clothes, or all black all the time, or vintage clothes for example? We can't all be wearing hoodies and jeans, right?
Roocky
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I used to make an effort for about 3 months in year 12, then i was like screw this, and went to the hoodie and jeans fall back. Meh, not good.
Revolution is my Name
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Trust me, you'll probably be like that and try and put some effort in for the first few weeks, but soon enough you'll just resort to grabbing whatever's on the floor like the rest of us.
Indieboohoo
Badges: 1
Report 9 years ago
I wear different styles of clothes during seminars and lectures I make more of an effort like skirts dresses. But I do a subject which I need to work in a workshop so it gets dusty and dirty so I go in jeans and tops that I don't care that much about.
Crazy Paving
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I stopped making an effort after the first week. It was usually warm enough to have a t shirt and no hoody anyway, or I wore my jumpers.
Jez RR
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Am far too old to wear a hoodie.
perrytheplatypus
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think we'd get sent home if we wore jeans and a hoodie
ch0llima
Report 9 years ago
You're supposed to wear a dinner suit or a ball gown, depending on gender.
boba
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
we have to wear "business dress"
VersaEmerge
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by such_a_lady)
So I know that most people come to college looking like they've rolled out of bed, grabbed something and run, but I wanted to see if there was anyone on TSR who doesn't- e.g. if you make a conscious effort to wear something different. I know that no one really cares what people wear at college, but is there anyone who enjoys wearing smart clothes, or all black all the time, or vintage clothes for example? We can't all be wearing hoodies and jeans, right?
i wear (*wore) a suit everyday :yep:
tailschao
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Me! Me! I Don't!

I wear jeans and a t-shirt.

:yep:
Kittykatkat
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sometimes I wore a hoodie and trackies if all my jeans were in the wash.
Redbeard the Mighty
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
College as in high school - we had a uniform which I generally adapted to mean 'dark jeans and any white top'

University - I'll be wearing jeans every bloody day.
Left Hand Drive
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
emmm some days I guess
rugbyladosc
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ch0llima)
You're supposed to wear a dinner suit or a ball gown, depending on gender.
haha

personally i go for the bow tie attire
StrawberryKoi
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just be thankful if no one wears uggs, or worse, leggings + cropped tops, to your college.
amiejade-x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
when i was at college, i always made an effort with what i wore, and wouldn't go in trackies and hoodies lol. i prefer to be dressed nicer :yes: and as i'm gonna do a fashion degree, it will be kinda expected to dress up :teehee:
tripleeagle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
All my life I've been going to schools where you wear what you want (whilst wishing we had uniforms ) but I do think about what I'm wearing for about 2 seconds...
katyness
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by such_a_lady)
sometimes i look very smart but sometimes i just cant be bothered so i go back to my hoodies
NyLonEd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sometimes I grab what's closest.

But I have also been late many a time for spending too long deciding what to wear.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
6.88%
They might tell the bully (27)
9.78%
I don't think they'd understand (44)
15.94%
It might lead to more bullying (103)
37.32%
There's nothing they could do (83)
30.07%

Watched Threads