TomInce6666
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by rugbyladosc)
haha

personally i go for the bow tie attire
Dinner suits are usually worn with bow ties... yeah?
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
rugbyladosc
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by TomInce6666)
Dinner suits are usually worn with bow ties... yeah?
sometimes or just a black tie and a waistcoat
Equi_dulci_mania
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
We can't all be wearing hoodies and jeans, right?
Yes! I know what you mean~! I'm planning on breaking out every non-mainstream outfit I can think of as Uni's one of the best times to do so. =] It's like the best

So vintage is going to be good, but are you going to go for any of the crazy fashion subcultures? There are some good ones. If you like vintage pieces, then you might like Harajuku Street's that use them all the time:

Mori Girl - Creating a vintage look with loose dresses and layering absurd amounts of beads, knit cardigans and lace to create a rural bohemian look.

Dolly Kei - Similar, but with Russian doll influences and a torn/distressed edge to the clothing.

Classic Lolita - Nothing to do with the contraversial novel, it's all about re-creating feminine elegance with capelets, bonnets and most importantly the very floofy full cupcake-shaped skirts. Although if bonnets put you off, then headbows are loved too. The term "Classic" covers everything from Rococco to 1960's so go wild. XD

Okay, so perhaps this is a bit of a jump from simply not wearing hoodie and Jeans but hey, it's all good. =]
xStaceyy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I will be making somewhat of an effort.
I don't wanna travel looking like a tramp, haha
x
Man in the Mirror1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by amiejade-x)
when i was at college, i always made an effort with what i wore, and wouldn't go in trackies and hoodies lol. i prefer to be dressed nicer :yes: and as i'm gonna do a fashion degree, it will be kinda expected to dress up :teehee:
why does studying a fashion degree mean you have to dress up?

when i was in college, i wore jeans and hoodie. the girls knew i was fit enough to not care what i was wearing. they knew i had a great body.
amiejade-x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Man in the Mirror1)

when i was in college, i wore jeans and hoodie. the girls knew i was fit enough to not care what i was wearing. they knew i had a great body.
:rolleyes: you again,

as people judge you thats why, as they will actually have fashion sense. you have to practise what you preach in a way, prove you are actually fashionable and know what you are talking about. and i actually want to look nice, is that a crime?

stop stalking me, yeah?
caroline147
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I wore vintage-y dresses/skirts & blouses/playsuits to college, & will wear the same to uni. It would take more effort for me to wear jeans, which I have no clue how to wear, with the exception of 70s high-waisted ones, & I don't own any hoodies :p:
nerd123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm in my second year of college and I've never worn a hoody and jeans to college. I do take ages to get ready but I try and look good for college- rarely anyone at my college looks like they've all rolled out of bed, they are all fashion concious :yep:
Sherlock.H
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
meh, maybe a little effort in the first few weeks, after that I cba
rebecca_george
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i dont own jeans or a hoodie i wear skirts and dresses
Reformed2010
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Man in the Mirror1)

Ok Naomi Campbell, put those claws away! Studying a fashion degree and just wearing a random hoodie and jeans. That would be like a Politics student not knowing the leaders of the British political parties and their basic ideology. The majority who go and study their degree, tend to have a passion for the subject. Nothing screams I don't have a passion more, than a fashion degree student wearing a stereotypical student outfit. People judge you for what you wear on a day to day basis. I can only imagine this attitude is magnified by ten when you are surrounded by teachers and pupils whose goal it is to judge clothes. Comes with the territory, no?
JamesAK
Report 9 years ago
Fortunately we have uniforms for our sixth form so I don't have the issue of not dressing smart enough! But even then you can tell the difference between the people who would make an effort and those who wouldn't if not wearing uniform, so imho its better that everyone is just kept on a level playing field!
sarahthegemini
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't understand why people at college/uni just throw on a hoodie and a pair of jeans. What on earth are you going to do when it comes to having a job? Just get up 10 minutes earlier and find something nice ....
sarahthegemini
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by amiejade-x)
when i was at college, i always made an effort with what i wore, and wouldn't go in trackies and hoodies lol. i prefer to be dressed nicer :yes: and as i'm gonna do a fashion degree, it will be kinda expected to dress up :teehee:
I studied fashion at college :teehee:

Some of the things the others wore, eurgh disgusting. There was one girl (who was a stuck up bint btw) who hated spending money on clothes (literally wore the same pair of tights with massive ladders and holes at the knee becaue she didn't wanna pay for another pair - not even lying) She refused to spend money on clothes even though she is spoilt and her parents are happy to throw their money at her. I just thought wtf are you doing a fashion course for if you're not interested in fashion yourself :lolwut:
sarCAZm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Most of the time I try to look okish, but for like, a 9am lecture where I'll just be there for 2 hours and then go straight back to bed..i can cope with doing that in jeans and a hoodie
cdsmith1990
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
College? I'll be there 3 days a week, getting there via train.. I'll probably dress up a bit; decent jeans, maybe shirt/jumper, or t-shirt/cardigan..

It's a nice new college and I'm on a mature course so don't really want to wearing trackies and a cap like some people I saw at enrolment..

Uni - Probably make an effort at first but as it will all be on campus, I probably will just 'roll out of bed' into whatever I can find..
CrashBangWallop
Report 9 years ago
I only own one pair of jeans, which I never actually wear, it's just nice to have some, so throughout college I wore vintage style dresses, shorts and tops, and playsuits.
I had a bit of a 'kooky' kind of style, and some of the things I wore were hideous, admittedly, but dressing up and being complimented on my outfit makes me feel much more confident than wearing jeans and a hoodie, which makes me feel all wall-flowery.
But I went to a college where most of the girls were into vintage and 'Brick Lane' sort of fashion anyway.
IllnessIllusion
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
In warm weather I make an effort-generally I wear casual dresses or skirts. Last year as it got colder I got lazier, and for about 2 months I wore jeans and about 5 jumpers every day. This year I'm full of resolutions to buy nice winter clothes but I'm sure it's not going to happen...
such_a_lady
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Luckily no one seems to care when I wear a pencil skirt or heels
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (132)
17.89%
It's just nice to be back! (201)
27.24%
Not great so far... (266)
36.04%
I want to drop out! (139)
18.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed