Anyone not wearing hoodie and jeans to college? Watch

mxcs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Agree that fashion students really do need to make an effort to present themselves well, otherwise it's unlikely that your tutors and other students on the course will take you seriously. Even if you don't have much money, it's easy enough to buy a few quality pieces and accessorise/layer creatively with cheaper clothes from Primark or charity shops, or even make your own if you can.

Though I know my housemates who also study fashion spend their free time in hoodies and shorts when they're home all day.
Pindar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you're going to dress like a slob, prepare to get treated like a slob.
chinaberry
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I like jumpers, not hoodies!

Or shorts...
I wear really dull stuff in school, on weekends and after school I wear nice things. I don't know why. I'm in school to learn, not to show off, plus wearing skimpier clothes on a half hour bike ride to school everyday...
such_a_lady
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I feel more confident walking around in stuff that I know makes me look more sophisticated- besides, I work at weekends so it's Waitrose uniform all the way -.- Lots of people comment and some of my [male] friends who have gone to another college have told me that some of the girls were saying that I looked really nice I was worried at first that people would be a bit judgemental if I wore pencil skirts and heels to school, but it's true that people just don't care: not everyone dresses smartly and not everyone wears hoodies and Uggs. I gave a presentation today in front of the class and felt very confident with a cinched in waist and kitten heels :P Other people would feel confident in an all-black ensemble and thick kohl eyes. It's also nice being taller than the younger kids when directing a rehearsal, and I've learnt to walk/run/climb stairs in heels, although they are only small :P
CollegeStudent99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It’s been like the official uniform for college students for all these years lol.

Anyway, seems there are a quite a few negative posts in this thread.

What’s so bad about wearing a hoodie with jeans/trackies/joggers/shorts lol?
Last edited by CollegeStudent99; 1 week ago
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well... I used to wear an afghan coat and baseball boots. At least the latter are still popular.
chrisharrison
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes, I always try to wear different clothes so that my look doesn’t look monotonous every week.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (132)
17.89%
It's just nice to be back! (201)
27.24%
Not great so far... (266)
36.04%
I want to drop out! (139)
18.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed