child minding? Watch

This discussion is closed.
emmz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
say if ure minding a child eg ure little 5 year old cousin, and ure 18 cud u go to prison for leaving them alone in the house?
just coz i had to mind my cousin for 5 hours in my own house while my aunty went out and she was threatining me lol wiv all these laws about if i left him alone. i felt like sayin fine forget it coz she never paid me anyway lol
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Legally, you're not allowed to be left alone in the house if you're under 14. So the answer is yes, it's an offense but what are they really going to do?
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by emmz)
say if ure minding a child eg ure little 5 year old cousin, and ure 18 cud u go to prison for leaving them alone in the house?
just coz i had to mind my cousin for 5 hours in my own house while my aunty went out and she was threatining me lol wiv all these laws about if i left him alone. i felt like sayin fine forget it coz she never paid me anyway lol
Well don't really balme her. Parents can be awfully protective of their kids. You never know what could happen to the kid if left alone. The kid could leave the house or get hurt orsomething, and without someone there to look after the kid, that's dangerous. I'm not saying that it's totally likely that that'll happen, but you can never leave it to chance. Thre probably is a rule in a handbook about childminding or something saying not to leave the child alone in the house.
emmz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xenon)
Well don't really balme her. Parents can be awfully protective of their kids. You never know what could happen to the kid if left alone. The kid could leave the house or get hurt orsomething, and without someone there to look after the kid, that's dangerous. I'm not saying that it's totally likely that that'll happen, but you can never leave it to chance. Thre probably is a rule in a handbook about childminding or something saying not to leave the child alone in the house.
yea thanx but my point is i had no intention of leaving him alone. she annoyed me as she kept goin on about it and threatining me and i was doin her a favour lol. shes always saying i shud act my age and im a grown up now - if u knew her u wud know wot i mean lol.
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by emmz)
yea thanx but my point is i had no intention of leaving him alone. she annoyed me as she kept goin on about it and threatining me and i was doin her a favour lol. shes always saying i shud act my age and im a grown up now - if u knew her u wud know wot i mean lol.
just next time say no, im not mature enough, i have to *make up some obvious excuse* and she should understand.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by emmz)
Stop using so many "lols." It doesn't really make you sound like an adult.
emmz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hexa)
Stop using so many "lols." It doesn't really make you sound like an adult.
im trying my best to sound as friendly as possible while criticizing some1
lol makes it sound more friendly (i think)
TK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by emmz)
im trying my best to sound as friendly as possible while criticizing some1
lol makes it sound more friendly (i think)
lol - i think it does too
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1119)
78.97%
Leave (298)
21.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise