Who is your favourite Poet? Watch

Dahut
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I realise this has probably been done a lot of times before so I apologise. :sorry: But who is your favourite poet? Mine is Rimbaud.
Jonah Ramone
Badges: 19
Report 8 years ago
Larkin.
~*AsmaAttack*~
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum the ruler of Dubai but I like Browning's The Laboratory and My Last Duchess
Lovecraft243
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Frank O'Hara.
Gandalf_is_a_girl
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ~*AsmaAttack*~)
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum the ruler of Dubai but I like Browning's The Laboratory and My Last Duchess
That al Maktoum guy's poetry is so piss poor, it's unbelievable. Same with his son Fazza3. Why the hell do I even know these names? Sort it out.

Mine's T.S Eliot and John Donne.
~*AsmaAttack*~
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Gandalf_is_a_girl)
That al Maktoum guy's poetry is so piss poor, it's unbelievable. Same with his son Fazza3. Why the hell do I even know these names? Sort it out.

Mine's T.S Eliot and John Donne.
thats certainly not true...there are plenty of poems from Sheikh Mohammed in Arabic which are amazing. The problem is you can't translate literally into English when dealing with Nabati poetry because it is different from classical Arabic poetry.:yep: if you read the Arabic poems directly then they are very nice!
I like T.S Eliot too...Thomas Hardy too! But Hardy's poems tend to have that "pessimistic" feeling.
dothestrand
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
John Cooper Clarke :awesome:
childofthe90s
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Tennyson.
Rescue Remedy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Fleur Adcock
John Keats
Patrick Kavanagh
Derek Wallcott
The Nasser
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Jalāl ad-Dīn Muḥammad Rūmī Radi-Allahu anhu aka known to the western world as Rumi
mian Muhammed baksh
baba bulleh shah
many more
Buddah
Gandalf_is_a_girl
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
thats certainly not true...there are plenty of poems from Sheikh Mohammed in Arabic which are amazing. The problem is you can't translate literally into English when dealing with Nabati poetry because it is different from classical Arabic poetry.:yep: if you read the Arabic poems directly then they are very nice!
I like T.S Eliot too...Thomas Hardy too! But Hardy's poems tend to have that "pessimistic" feeling.
Well, I translate them myself in my spare time with the help of a friend and I can't say I feel anything but underwhelmed. Some Arabic poems are delightful though. People only likes his poetry because.....well, he's a Sheikh.

Thomas Hardy is a bit hit and miss for me as well. At times he can be so incredibly seasoned and dexterous in his penmanship but then he goes ruins it all for himself with Tess d'Urbervilles.
Kater Murr
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Always Philip Larkin.

I also like Elizabeth Bishop, Louis MacNeice, TS Eliot and John Donne, though. Also Paradise Lost.
~*AsmaAttack*~
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Gandalf_is_a_girl)
Well, I translate them myself in my spare time with the help of a friend and I can't say I feel anything but underwhelmed. Some Arabic poems are delightful though. People only likes his poetry because.....well, he's a Sheikh.

Thomas Hardy is a bit hit and miss for me as well. At times he can be so incredibly seasoned and dexterous in his penmanship but then he goes ruins it all for himself with Tess d'Urbervilles.
tess d'urbervilles...i have to study that at A2
Jack Scott
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I like Christine Rossetti and Benjamin Zephaniah
Gandalf_is_a_girl
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
tess d'urbervilles...i have to study that at A2
Owned.
Vanny17
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Thomas Hardy and Christina Rosetti
WrigglyMammoth
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
poims are 4 **** lol
ragnar_jonsson
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Adcock & Plath.
92greenbottles
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
William Topaz McGonagall

Beautiful Railway Bridge of the Silv’ry Tay!
Alas! I am very sorry to say
That ninety lives have been taken away
On the last Sabbath day of 1879,
Which will be remember’d for a very long time.

Beautiful :cry2:

hahahaha
Ben F
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
James Hetfield <3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (1)
1.39%
No (71)
98.61%

Watched Threads