Report 16 years ago
i can't work out how to get an mp3 as my ringtone for my v525
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
What is the best mobile phone currently on the market? I hope bhaal can help me as i heard he works in the industry.
The Samsung E-700:

The phone looks good, its light weight, and its a flip phone. The best feature would be the dual screen, the main screen is 65000 odd colours and the zoom is impressive, as you zoom in like you do on a camcorder, normal phones when you press zoom, you either get one zoom or the other, the E-700 has a variable zoom. The front screen is colour too, and you can take a picture when its closed, and actually have a preview on the front display. Which is the only phone that can do it.

However, the E-700 lacks some things. The main screen in comparison to other phones is small, when you are in camera mode, only 4/5 of the screen is the size of the picture. It also lacks bluetooth, I presume you are a student, and one day hoping to start driving, new goverment legislation says that it is illegal to operate your phone whilst driving. If you buy a handsfree for it, you still need to operate the phone to answer it.

Samsung have also launched a newer version called the Samsung E-710. So it might be worth waiting.

The Motorola V600 is probably the phone I would go for, its far better than the V525, V500, and V300 variants. My collegue who knows absolutely everything about phones, had the P-900 and 8910i which are really expensive phones, he got the V600. Its got everything.

Me, well I have a Sony Ericsson T610 that I got for a bargain of 110 quid. I have no problems with it, its got bluetooth so I can use wireless handsfree, its got a camera and high functionality, some good games like minigolf, and it fits neatly into my pocket.

When you buy a phone you have to ask yourself:
1)Do I really wanna spend a lot of money on it? - If you spend too much on a phone you would be scared to take it out of your pocket, over fears that you may drop it or get it nicked.
2)Contract or PAYG? - Contracts are worth it, cause yo end up not paying silly amounts of money for the phone, however if you go over your free minutes expect high bills.
3)Do I need bluetooth? - Only applicable if you intend to start driving.

Hope this helps. (Rep would be nice, my fingers hurt!)

By the way, I am not a mobile phone freak who savours over new phones that have been released, its just that my job requires me to know a bit about them.
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
The Samsung E-700:

The phone looks good, its light weight, and its a flip phone. The best feature would be the dual screen, the main screen is 65000 odd colours and the zoom is impressive, as you zoom in like you do on a camcorder, normal phones when you press zoom, you either get one zoom or the other, the E-700 has a variable zoom. The front screen is colour too, and you can take a picture when its closed, and actually have a preview on the front display. Which is the only phone that can do it.
I thought the Sharp GX20 also had an external screen.....

Before Christmas, I had one hell of a headache deciding between the Samsung E700 and the SE Z600. I went for the latter because I was fed up of waitng for the E700 to be re-stocked, it has Bluetooth (which might be useful later on), easier menu navigation IMO and I don't need an external screen anyways since I don't take pictures all the time and the mirror is good enough for me. And yea, I have had a try with the external screen on the E700 and it's too dark most of the time! I was planning to get the E700 at the same time as my friend but he managed to get it while I didn't. However, he thinks that my phone is still better than his though since it has more features and when I told the sales assistant (who I had basically been pestering for 2 weeks!) that I got the Z600, he said it was a better choice. The only complaint I have really about the Z600 is that it's a bit big when you close it.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
I thought the Sharp GX20 also had an external screen.....

Before Christmas, I had one hell of a headache deciding between the Samsung E700 and the SE Z600. I went for the latter because I was fed up of waitng for the E700 to be re-stocked, it has Bluetooth (which might be useful later on), easier menu navigation IMO and I don't need an external screen anyways since I don't take pictures all the time and the mirror is good enough for me. And yea, I have had a try with the external screen on the E700 and it's too dark most of the time! I was planning to get the E700 at the same time as my friend but he managed to get it while I didn't. However, he thinks that my phone is still better than his though since it has more features and when I told the sales assistant (who I had basically been pestering for 2 weeks!) that I got the Z600, he said it was a better choice. The only complaint I have really about the Z600 is that it's a bit big when you close it.
GX20 has an external flash. However it is the best phone in terms of picture quality, it also captures video and audio, and you can capture like 15 second clips.

BTW The Z600 is the better phone.
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)

BTW The Z600 is the better phone.
Why thank you! I would have given you rep for that but I just gave it to someone else! Will you accept a week's worth of +ve rep instead.......
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
Why thank you! I would have given you rep for that but I just gave it to someone else! Will you accept a week's worth of +ve rep instead.......
Sure.
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
me too!!!
the only thing that annoys me is that at the moment thre isnt a wire availible to connect it to the pc you have to do it via infared.

love Katy ***
Yeah, the old one had a cd thing with a connector so you can get wallpapers off your computer! With this one, I'm not sure what to do...I'll find a connector, i think there's software for it on their website.
lumpycustard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i got an ericsson R600 last year and i dont want any other phone, i lv it! hehe
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (149)
60.57%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.47%
No- I want it (69)
28.05%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.91%

Watched Threads