This discussion is closed.
DavidBrent
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Quick question:

Is it possible to study an extra AS in the second year whilst you doing A-levels?
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DavidBrent)
Quick question:

Is it possible to study an extra AS in the second year whilst you doing A-levels?
yes
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Quick question:

Definitely.

I am doing an AS Level in Further Mathematics next year, which in 1 way is ebtter than if i did it this year, because i will have fully completed 3 modules of maths b4 i start it.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Quick question:

yep
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I know of someone that took up an extra AS level in their 2nd year, they were already doing 4 A levels at the time. What AS level were you thinking of doing and why?
Pegasus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Quick question:

Overall yes, but it depends on your school/college. Some places, grammer schools in particular for some reason, don't let you.
Pegasus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Definitely.

I am doing an AS Level in Further Mathematics next year, which in 1 way is ebtter than if i did it this year, because i will have fully completed 3 modules of maths b4 i start it.
Which maths modules are you studying this year?
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Quick question:

surely it is !!!
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by prince_capri)
surely it is !!!
Please read the friggin thread completely before you reply. This has been answered in the second post.
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Hexa)
Please read the friggin thread completely before you reply. This has been answered in the second post.
i know.......was just giving my opinion.....because these kinda questions are based on opinions !!!
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, I'm in my second year and currently doing AS Italian. I didn't do Italian at secondary school though so I had to do an intensive 1-year GCSE course last year.
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm doing an extra AS (in Government and Politics). I kinda of like it... it seems pretty easy after the A2 work.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pegasus)
Which maths modules are you studying this year?
Pure 1, Pure 2, Mechanics 1.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
im goin bk for a tag year next year,is anyone else?
Perdurabo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah it is possible.

I'm doing an AS in philosophy but i have to do all the revision on my own and work from the syllabus.
Perdurabo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Perdurabo)
Yeah it is possible.

I'm doing an AS in philosophy but i have to do all the revision on my own and work from the syllabus.
Forgot to add: The reason i have to do it all on my own is because no one else wanted to do it. If the AS is undersubscribed then you're on your own.
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Quick question:

its very possible, but u will be workin with the people in the year below u (which can be very impossible)
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
its very possible, but u will be workin with the people in the year below u (which can be very impossible)
amy, wen i cvome bk next yr il b workin wit the year 11s at the mo! god help me!!!!
androidkiller
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah I'm doing 4 A-levels, General Studies A Level and Further Maths AS

It's fine so long as you are willing to do a bit more work during free periods and at home, and can cope when all the coursework has to be done!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.71%
No (264)
33.29%

Watched Threads