Maths OCR - Which Formulae do we need to know?? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Tealer
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi everyone, Tommorow I have OCR MEI P1 exam.

Its a bit of a joke to be honest :| I have no books and didn't get any lessons either because i am not doing it in school and had been planning to teach myself. Anyway the exams tommorow and I know yadidda I should have done it earlier but please can you help me, I am pretty intelligent and reckon if I have some equations I will be able to blitz the paper.

Ok so enough about me!

Which equations do we need to know

I know already from years ago - Cosine rule , sine rule, circles equations and areas, i also know the quadratic formula to calculate x^2 x and number...

Are there any more? Many thanks and if you help you will surely help me to ace this exam. Thanks again.
bougeoursie_Roo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
most of those rules will b provided on the first page of the exam, or they are with ocr, know your circles and angles within circles...

(Original post by Tealer)
Hi everyone, Tommorow I have OCR MEI P1 exam.

Its a bit of a joke to be honest :| I have no books and didn't get any lessons either because i am not doing it in school and had been planning to teach myself. Anyway the exams tommorow and I know yadidda I should have done it earlier but please can you help me, I am pretty intelligent and reckon if I have some equations I will be able to blitz the paper.

Ok so enough about me!

Which equations do we need to know

I know already from years ago - Cosine rule , sine rule, circles equations and areas, i also know the quadratic formula to calculate x^2 x and number...

Are there any more? Many thanks and if you help you will surely help me to ace this exam. Thanks again.
Tealer
I have a few past papers and have never seen them on the exam? I think maybe you are refering to regular OCR maths, I am doing MEI (no idea what the difference is - that doesn't matter) as far as i know those circle theorems aren't part of our exam hope not anyway!!

Thanks for your reply but does anyone know any other forumalae we need to know?
bougeoursie_Roo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
you do quadratics? lines? prisms etc?
Tealer
Not prisms (hope not anyway! )

oh yeah the old y= mx +c and
(y-y1) = m(x-x1)
bougeoursie_Roo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
what abt when ax+bx+cx=0, quadratics...

x=-(b +or- (sqrt b-4ac))/2a
waighty
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If you goto to the OCR website http://www.ocr.org.uk, you can download the syllabus with all the formulae you need to know.
Tealer
Ok you both deserve some rep and when I get full marks you'll get some more

Thanks
Tealer
Thanks guys I think it went pretty well (fingers crossed eh!!)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (216)
67.92%
No (102)
32.08%

Watched Threads