Something I always did wonder... Watch

This discussion is closed.
capslock
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Has anyone ever got an UNCONDITIONAL offer when they are applying in their A2 year... ie. only got AS levels so far? When the course requirments are specific grades at A2. Was wondering if universities would ever do this for exceptional candidates?
fishpaste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah, quite often.
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think it happens more at universitys which are desperate for people o when a good candidate applys they try to entice them, unless it oxford. Also its often people who alredy have theier qualifications
Veedy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by cobra01977)
I think it happens more at universitys which are desperate for people o when a good candidate applys they try to entice them, unless it oxford. Also its often people who alredy have theier qualifications
One of my friends got an unconditional offer from Salford to read health science.
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I dont mean to offend anyone whose applied to salford but thats what i ment when i said 'universitys which are desperate for people' maybe not people in general but good people
Veedy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I dont mean to offend anyone whose applied to salford but thats what i ment when i said 'universitys which are desperate for people' maybe not people in general but good people
Possibly, though he is an intelligent guy. He's predicted double the points of their standard offer and applied there as insurance.
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Thats obiously why they did it then
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
I've got an EE offer from UEA if you count that as unconditional...
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Unless your predicted EE yes
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
Unless your predicted EE yes
No, Im predicted A's so I should meet thier "offer"...
mb85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i wanna get unconditional from LSE
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
some of my mates in school had unconditional offers, but they were usually welsh uni's.

love katy ***
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I had a friend who won got into Oxford unconditonally because of his muscial ability. He got bad A level grades too.

Another friend was offered DD at Bristol to do Engineering which is usally AAA or there abouts.
Kalypso
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Veedy)
Possibly, though he is an intelligent guy. He's predicted double the points of their standard offer and applied there as insurance.

If he already has AS levels at high grades, then his offer is probably unconditional because he has already met their points requirement - eg if he got AAAA at AS, that's 240 points, which is equal (in points value) to CCC at A2.
Veedy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by grey faerie)
If he already has AS levels at high grades, then his offer is probably unconditional because he has already met their points requirement - eg if he got AAAA at AS, that's 240 points, which is equal (in points value) to CCC at A2.
No, he hadn't met their typical offer yet, but he said health science is a very undersubscribed course at most unis, so that may be why he got an unconditional offer.
Stephanie1820
Report 16 years ago
A friend of mine received a single E offer for Law at St. Mary's of London (what that is im not exactly sure...) so im assuming she is able to fail 2 of her A-levels and still get in.

She could therefore quit school today (A-level year) and surpass their requirements by scratching her right nostril and watching Kilroy from now until october.

Ah - if only oxford were so generous....

x
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Stephanie1820)
A friend of mine received a single E offer for Law at St. Mary's of London (what that is im not exactly sure...) so im assuming she is able to fail 2 of her A-levels and still get in.

She could therefore quit school today (A-level year) and surpass their requirements by scratching her right nostril and watching Kilroy from now until october.

x
Oxford and Cambridge do it too.
Stephanie1820
Report 16 years ago
ah right........ bugger.
munchie_rox
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Stephanie1820)

x
scratchin a nostril could be quite tricky....i always though it was the space, rather than the skin....*ponders*
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
One of my mates has an unconditional offer from Brunel. Another has an unconditional from East London to read Human Biology, and he didn't even apply to it. He's turning East London down as he's got into Cambridge to do Medicine.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (2)
28.57%
Yes- I don't like it (1)
14.29%
No- I want it (3)
42.86%
No- I don't want it (1)
14.29%

Watched Threads