This discussion is closed.
mahsajoon
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
i was wondering if anyone out there has done GCSE dance?
if so, what do you have to do? what are the requirments? and is it hard work... or the fact that your good at dancing will get you a good grade?
we dont do GCSE dance at school so i wondering if it was worth going seeking infomation about it and doing it...?:cool:

thanks x
Onyx.
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
No requirements. It's bloody hard work and being a 'good dancer' won't get you very far. It's a waste of time unless you're actually planning to be a dancer IMO.
mahsajoon
erm so what do you exactly do then?
mahsajoon
(Original post by Onyx.)
No requirements. It's bloody hard work and being a 'good dancer' won't get you very far. It's a waste of time unless you're actually planning to be a dancer IMO.
what do you exactly do then ??
CuteStar*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
pah, just put effort in and you'll be fine..

Dancing at grade five in three types, doing shows across the country.. GCSE is a walk in the park!
Onyx.
Report 10 years ago
You can easily look this up yourself but I'll give you a little insight anyway... You do a set study, a group dance, choreograph your own dance and then a two hour written exam where you write about a few contemporary dances (AQA btw). I would only recommend the course to my worst enemy.
HeatherH
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I did gcse dance about 10 years ago, we had to learn a dance, and also make up our own dance. We studied swansong and did an exam on it.

I was grade 3 tap and modern at the time, so ok I may have found it a bit easier than others, but there were still people in the class that had had no experience other than dancing around there bedroom. If you've got a interest in it, I'd go for it, a lot more interesting and fun than doing PE.

Goodluck
Cybele
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I regret not doing GCSE dance, I chose drama instead. Though to be honest, they're as easy as each other IMO. Easy A if you put in the effort.
mahsajoon
(Original post by Onyx.)
You can easily look this up yourself but I'll give you a little insight anyway... You do a set study, a group dance, choreograph your own dance and then a two hour written exam where you write about a few contemporary dances (AQA btw). I would only recommend the course to my worst enemy.
like my school dosnt do this, does it involve much cswk?
LadySmythe
Badges: 19
Report 10 years ago
There is a lot of theory, and understanding behind it, and you do a lot of choeography. But it was my fave GCSE by far. Its very, very difficult to get an A in it though and as someone has said, just being a good dancer won't see you through. There is a lot of analytical work involved, health and safety, some biology and then the choreography and the "set pieces" which need to be done. I also have to do an extended piece of writing explaing the ideas behind my final piece.

It is a bit of a waste of choice, but tbh if you;re planning on going to uni, might as well waste a subject now rather than later :p:
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Amo3507)
what did the people who only had bedroom dancing experience a few dance lessons get mark wise...because I totally can't relate to that situation
This thread is 9 years old, please make a new one.
Amo3507
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mnot)
This thread is 9 years old, please make a new one.
okay sorry lol
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads