This discussion is closed.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by onearmedscissor)
Good grades, and you should have gone for it!

Not so sure on your stereotypes tho, but yeah from what I've heard Comp Sci is modern geekdom. I'm the new and improved gym loving non-geeky pimp daddy computer scientist I think... Yeah I'm happy with that.

FO SHIZZLE!
I was actually considering doing 'Business with Computing' at Manchester University. However, for some strange reason, I felt that I was compromising my education, and decided to do law instead, so I am now back in college bumping those grades up. I know for definite I have ABB now.

Anyway I'm sure whichever decision you make will be the right one.
onearmedscissor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
I was actually considering doing 'Business with Computing' at Manchester University. However, for some strange reason, I felt that I was compromising my education, and decided to do law instead, so I am now back in college bumping those grades up. I know for definite I have ABB now.

Anyway I'm sure whichever decision you make will be the right one.
Cheers, good luck to you too!
starry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
I got ABC, Computing, Business Studies, and Maths, respectively. They offered me virtually all the courses available in the Computer Department, but I realised I didn't wanna spend the rest of my life with RSI and having to wear double glazed extra thick spectacles, on the serious side, Manchester is a fun place.
hehe
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by J.S.)
Yeah Manchester seems a good place for that. Oh and one more thing, UMIST is right in the busy part of Manc. Whereas, Bham is not. The latter gives you the opportunity of getting some peace and quiet when need be! Dno if that's what you want thou!
Bham University isn't that far from the city centre though.
llama boy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
LSE came 23rd
Yes - it also heavily discounts York degrees (29th) - I guess that could be because of size, too.

Because I really can't see an LSE/York degree being less useful than a degree from say, Brum (8th), Leeds (9th) or Strathclyde (17th).
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
First computer ever was built in Manchester Uni, goto UMIST duh =P No but seriously, UMIST/Manchester looks like the best option on that list, even without my bias.
Bear in mind that that 'computer' could do very little indeed and was made solely for testing their crazy CRT based memory... the EDSAC in Cambridge allowed you to do much more useful things like having an addition instruction :rolleyes: - it was generally just a computer that is more analogous to current computers albeit with crazy mercury ultrasonic delay line memory.

...thank heavens for IC DRAM

Alaric.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (62)
19.25%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (69)
21.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (59)
18.32%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (68)
21.12%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (32)
9.94%
I haven't started researching yet (32)
9.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed