The Student Room Group

Why do white people....

Scroll to see replies

My Gran from Jamaica is obsessed with cats, therefore I conclude the OP is wrong, although it's true many Asians dislike dogs, I also dislike dogs - just not for religious reasons.

Presidential
is this the kind of jke you would make outside? do you expect anyone black to find it funny? Or is this a joke catered only for white people? Please, tell me why i would find this funny.

I found it reasonably smile inducing (am I allowed to speak as a darkie), you don't have to leap down the throats of anybody who makes light-hearted comments on a ******* stupid thread you know...maybe you should leave the sig referring stuff to serious internet business only?
Reply 61
Asians do like animals, but, they show their devotion to these lesser life forms with the salt and vinegar at the ready.
Presidential
So explain this joke to me then. You can either accept that joke was in poor taste or continue to defend it.

Oh shut the **** up.
Reply 63
Tha_Black_Shinobi
no. Not all black people were slaves so its not in any way relevant to all black people

You know I ALMOST edited my post for this reason, then I cba.
:rofl: This is why I love TSR.
Moe Lester
Oh shut the **** up.

no, just no. What kinda person are you if it puts a smile on your face(Cos we can't keep blacks as pets anymore) if thats funny to you good on you.
Reply 66
Calpurnia
Because, stereotypically, white people have more money to blow on having amusing novelties like ,say, pets :smile:

Probably this.
When you're more worried about feeding your family, you don't give a **** about feeding animals. It's definitely an economic burden.
Although I laughed at that cat in the bin video, I did find that chick throwing puppies into a river pretty shocking. If that is real it really is some sadistic ****. Its true that a lot of white people love off animals too much though.
Reply 68
Moe Lester
My Gran from Jamaica is obsessed with cats, therefore I conclude the OP is wrong, although it's true many Asians dislike dogs, I also dislike dogs - just not for religious reasons.

I found it reasonably smile inducing (am I allowed to speak as a darkie), you don't have to leap down the throats of anybody who makes light-hearted comments on a ******* stupid thread you know...maybe you should leave the sig referring stuff to serious internet business only?

A sensible post !
Reply 69
Lewk
they think animals are evil and that allah/the spirits will be disappointed at them for treating such an abomination as they would a human.

No. I hope you are joking though.

The people asked the Prophet: "Is there a reward for us in serving animals?" He replied: "(Yes), there is a reward for serving any (living being)." Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Hadith 38

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "A woman was punished (by God) because of a cat. She had not provided (the cat) with food or drink, nor had she set it free so that it might eat the insects of the earth." - Sahih Muslim, Hadith 1047

Anyways I'm black and love cats, rabbits, lambs, camels, and other of God's creation ect.
Reply 70
Presidential
no, just no. What kinda person are you if it puts a smile on your face(Cos we can't keep blacks as pets anymore) if thats funny to you good on you.

I bet you're wearing a dashiki.
Tha_Black_Shinobi
I wasn't even offended at the joke. I just thought it wasn't very funny at all

:whip: Pretty much this, I'm not offended but i just dont find it funny
When I see some white people with their pets, I wana say " jeeze get some ******* kids or adopt a poor baby"
Presidential

by letting the joke get to you so much you are saying "yes to racism". Just brush (get) that dirt off your shoulder my brother
Reply 74
All the minorities are descending on this thread :awesome:

On a side-note, not really a funny joke but eh. Heard so many racist jokes now that I've been fairly desensitized tbh.
Presidential

:facepalm2: People don't find it funny because they literally find the thought of black people as pets funny (something that never happened on a large scale :rofl:) - I assume you meant slavery - but because it's a joke - just like jokes about France, jokes about blondes, people from Liverpool, the Irish and so on. It's nasty if it's done in a nasty way - the responses on here were clearly light-hearted and done in a jokey manner. I think you need to lighten up a bit man - the whole world isn't out to attack you.
Organ
Cos we can't keep blacks as pets anymore :colone:

Closet Racist. :rofl2:
Reply 77
To the person who negged me for my opinion:
If you are going to make a judgement like that on someone at least justify it with some evidence :smile:
Tha_Black_Shinobi
by letting the joke get to you so much you are saying "yes to racism". Just brush (get) that dirt off your shoulder my brother

i hear you, i will move on.
Tha_Black_Shinobi

Yeah but it was clearly a joke and makes and devalues actual racism to the point that people begin saying genuine racism doesn't exist.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending