Seamo retires from football!!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
David Seaman retires from football at the age of 40.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ty/3394397.stm

I would like to thank Seamo for his contribution to football, for england, and the clubs he has played for, especially for Arsenal. He had helped Arsenal to manyh titles, and now retires a true legend!
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
WHAT?! He's gone???
Being a Devil I hate to say it, but that man was an awesome man for football. He will be missed. Thanks for the memories, the great and not so great!
edufly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
WHAT?! He's gone???
Being a Devil I hate to say it, but that man was an awesome man for football. He will be missed. Thanks for the memories, the great and not so great!

How will David Seaman be missed. My memory of him is having two testimonial matches and not giving a penny to charity.
Maybe now he'll have time to cut that pony off!
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by eddiedaboss)
How will David Seaman be missed. My memory of him is having two testimonial matches and not giving a penny to charity.
I take it you're not an England fan (at least not a true England fan)...
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Thanks for the memories, the great and not so great!
lol, it had to be mentioned didnt it.........

hardly blunder free is he!!
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I take it you're not an England fan (at least not a true England fan)...
you mean the true england fans that threatened him and called him a "****** ******" about a million times after he let that goal in against brazil...then acted as hooligans in the streets?

(lol, sorrry, bit over the top there...)
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by eddiedaboss)
And obviously not an arsenal fan, or a fan of any of the other teams Seamo played for.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Shame we remember him for all that, otherwise it would just be the Nayim lob and the outstanding Euro 96!
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
bye dave
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
bye dave
shame.... he was a great keeper for the Gunners and England... does anyone remember that save against Sheffield Utd in the FA cup semis last season?

altho probably good he retired when he did - best to go out on top.
edufly
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
seaman was a clown and a greedy one at that
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
shame.... he was a great keeper for the Gunners and England... does anyone remember that save against Sheffield Utd in the FA cup semis last season?

I've seen a better save from Schmeichel but the fuss was made due to his imminent departure. Nevertheless a quality save, maybe he should've gone out earlier but at least now he can concentrate on his beloved fishing. He has a net fetish methinks...
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
best to go out on top.
thats debatable.......
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
thats debatable.......
true he should REALLY have retired after the FA cup final... but at least people still sortof remember him now........ it's not like he's ending in the 3rd division or has made lots of gaffes in the last few months.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Suppose now young Casper Schmeichel might get a game or two for City... if he can be as good as his dad City will have a huge asset.
majik
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)

that was one of the best saves i've ever seen, the ball was behind him and he clawed it out, i was stunned!
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by majik)
that was one of the best saves i've ever seen, the ball was behind him and he clawed it out, i was stunned!
I don't reckon that anyone who saw that save would ever forget it. I so thought that that was going in, and then out of nowhere, Seamo's hands came and scooped the ball out! Brilliant!
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well i wasn't surprised.
He used to be a great player, but he is way past his best, and has to have time to concentrate on his sports related TV career!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (211)
67.63%
No (101)
32.37%

Watched Threads