The Student Room Group
Reply 1
WHAT?! He's gone???
Being a Devil I hate to say it, but that man was an awesome man for football. He will be missed. Thanks for the memories, the great and not so great!
Reply 2
ZJuwelH
WHAT?! He's gone???
Being a Devil I hate to say it, but that man was an awesome man for football. He will be missed. Thanks for the memories, the great and not so great!

How will David Seaman be missed. My memory of him is having two testimonial matches and not giving a penny to charity.
Maybe now he'll have time to cut that pony off!
Reply 3
eddiedaboss
How will David Seaman be missed. My memory of him is having two testimonial matches and not giving a penny to charity.

I take it you're not an England fan (at least not a true England fan)...
ZJuwelH
Thanks for the memories, the great and not so great!

lol, it had to be mentioned didnt it......... :wink:

hardly blunder free is he!! :biggrin:
ZJuwelH
I take it you're not an England fan (at least not a true England fan)...

you mean the true england fans that threatened him and called him a "****** ******" about a million times after he let that goal in against brazil...then acted as hooligans in the streets?

(lol, sorrry, bit over the top there...)
Reply 6
eddiedaboss

And obviously not an arsenal fan, or a fan of any of the other teams Seamo played for.
Reply 7
Shame we remember him for all that, otherwise it would just be the Nayim lob and the outstanding Euro 96!
Reply 8
bye dave
Reply 9
JSM
bye dave

shame.... he was a great keeper for the Gunners and England... does anyone remember that save against Sheffield Utd in the FA cup semis last season?

altho probably good he retired when he did - best to go out on top.
Reply 10
seaman was a clown and a greedy one at that
Reply 11
4Ed
shame.... he was a great keeper for the Gunners and England... does anyone remember that save against Sheffield Utd in the FA cup semis last season?

I've seen a better save from Schmeichel but the fuss was made due to his imminent departure. Nevertheless a quality save, maybe he should've gone out earlier but at least now he can concentrate on his beloved fishing. He has a net fetish methinks...
4Ed
best to go out on top.

thats debatable.......
Reply 13
bono
thats debatable.......

true he should REALLY have retired after the FA cup final... but at least people still sortof remember him now........ it's not like he's ending in the 3rd division or has made lots of gaffes in the last few months.
Reply 14
Suppose now young Casper Schmeichel might get a game or two for City... if he can be as good as his dad City will have a huge asset.
Reply 15
4Ed

that was one of the best saves i've ever seen, the ball was behind him and he clawed it out, i was stunned!
Reply 16
majik
that was one of the best saves i've ever seen, the ball was behind him and he clawed it out, i was stunned!

I don't reckon that anyone who saw that save would ever forget it. I so thought that that was going in, and then out of nowhere, Seamo's hands came and scooped the ball out! Brilliant!
Well i wasn't surprised.
He used to be a great player, but he is way past his best, and has to have time to concentrate on his sports related TV career!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending