Sites to help me get THAT A IN P2 MATHS??? Watch

This discussion is closed.
jediknight007
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Hi, does anyone know any excellent and useful sites for P2 revision? I'm current working around a B or C grade for my A2 Maths but I know I'm capable of getting an A, starting with P2! I'm with Edexcel for Maths and I have my P2 exam on Monday 19th January. I have done about 100 Review Exercise 1&2 questions in the textbooks and about 6 different past papers since Christmas. Yes, I even revised for a few hours on Christmas Day!

Also, my teacher is very annoying because although he seems to expect the best out of us, he looks like he only cares about the 'potential A grade' students and doesn't give a monkeys about the rest of us. Like one time when we did a small test, the whole class did quite badly (I got a C) and he was like 'Oh, I was expecting [person1], [person2] and [person3] to get an A on that paper' and that so annoyed me. Now I want to prove him and the rest of the Maths department wrong.

Another thing which is making me determined to get an A for A2 Maths and nothing else is that I'm applying to do Maths at universities such as KCL and UCL so unless, I get that A, I will be disappointed.

Sorry if I sound like one of those annoying people who should be happy with a B or C since it's still a good grade etc.....but I really hope you can understand why I'm so determined to get that A. I'm have even been attending Saturday Maths Classes at LSE every Saturday at 10am to make sure I get from B/C to A. I will need all the help I can get because I know P3 will be the hardest thing I have ever done. So any useful sites where I can brush up my skills would be much appreciated. Many thanks and good luck to everyone on this forum on their exams/coursework/school-life.
Bhaal85
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
Hi, does anyone know any excellent and useful sites for P2 revision? I'm current working around a B or C grade for my A2 Maths but I know I'm capable of getting an A, starting with P2! I'm with Edexcel for Maths and I have my P2 exam on Monday 19th January. I have done about 100 Review Exercise 1&2 questions in the textbooks and about 6 different past papers since Christmas. Yes, I even revised for a few hours on Christmas Day!

Also, my teacher is very annoying because although he seems to expect the best out of us, he looks like he only cares about the 'potential A grade' students and doesn't give a monkeys about the rest of us. Like one time when we did a small test, the whole class did quite badly (I got a C) and he was like 'Oh, I was expecting [person1], [person2] and [person3] to get an A on that paper' and that so annoyed me. Now I want to prove him and the rest of the Maths department wrong.

Another thing which is making me determined to get an A for A2 Maths and nothing else is that I'm applying to do Maths at universities such as KCL and UCL so unless, I get that A, I will be disappointed.

Sorry if I sound like one of those annoying people who should be happy with a B or C since it's still a good grade etc.....but I really hope you can understand why I'm so determined to get that A. I'm have even been attending Saturday Maths Classes at LSE every Saturday at 10am to make sure I get from B/C to A. I will need all the help I can get because I know P3 will be the hardest thing I have ever done. So any useful sites where I can brush up my skills would be much appreciated. Many thanks and good luck to everyone on this forum on their exams/coursework/school-life.
http://mathforum.org/library/drmath/drmath.college.html

http://www.mathsfiles.com/Internet%2...20students.htm

http://www.mathsnet.net/

Mathsnet is really good. I too am in a similiar dilema, I already have a grade C at A-level, I resat a module in Nov last year, and I know that for definite that I got 100%, so now I have a 'B' (I'll find out on the 15th of Jan), however I think now I will be aiming for that elusive 'A'. I want something to prove that I am exceptional to all those students who I have to sit with.
jediknight007
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
http://mathforum.org/library/drmath/drmath.college.html

http://www.mathsfiles.com/Internet%2...20students.htm

http://www.mathsnet.net/

Mathsnet is really good. I too am in a similiar dilema, I already have a grade C at A-level, I resat a module in Nov last year, and I know that for definite that I got 100%, so now I have a 'B' (I'll find out on the 15th of Jan), however I think now I will be aiming for that elusive 'A'. I want something to prove that I am exceptional to all those students who I have to sit with.
Wow? 100% for P2? Like you, I want to be exceptional, not in a cocky or arrogant way but to be respected and not left out of the 'potential A-grade' category, which I think everyone can be in. I know it's hard jumping from an A to a C but this is only the first module and I have to take it one step at a time. I have absolutely no doubt that I can do this!
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 15 years ago
Im doing P2 on Moday aswell. although we only finished the syllabus this week so I don't think anyone is really prepared. I think that I will be get a poor grade this time but I know that if I keep focused and work I will be able to resit it in June and hopefully get a respectable mark on it!!!

Im using mathnet at the moment because of all the sites I think it is the best at explaining what the hell is going on..lol!!!
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Leekey)
Im doing P2 on Moday aswell. although we only finished the syllabus this week so I don't think anyone is really prepared. I think that I will be get a poor grade this time but I know that if I keep focused and work I will be able to resit it in June and hopefully get a respectable mark on it!!!

Im using mathnet at the moment because of all the sites I think it is the best at explaining what the hell is going on..lol!!!
u only finished the syllabus this week yet ur exam is monday???

u need a good 7/8 days to revise at least..... and thats if working VERY hard for those days.....

ur teacher or wateva didnt time it well!!
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)

u need a good 7/8 days to revise at least..... and thats if working VERY hard for those days.....

The original plan was to take it in June only but my college seem to think that its a good idea to take it in January aswell. It's probably a good thing because we have nothing to lose at the first attempt!!!
It'sPhil...
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
...Another thing which is making me determined to get an A for A2 Maths and nothing else is that I'm applying to do Maths at universities such as KCL and UCL so unless, I get that A, I will be disappointed...
No offence but do you not think that it was a bad idea choosing maths as a degree. If you are struggling with P2 how do you expect to cope with a degree from somewhere like UCL
gemma1811
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Leekey)
The original plan was to take it in June only but my college seem to think that its a good idea to take it in January aswell. It's probably a good thing because we have nothing to lose at the first attempt!!!
I really wouldnt worry about P2, just do lots of exam papers/questions. We do the OCR syllabus and I had my 1st attempt at it last summer n didnt do very well at all - i was 3 marks off an E - however i took comfort in the fact that the majority of people in my school did bad in it, we all should have got As & Bs, and the teachers said that it was one of the hardest P2 papers they have seen. Thankfully the P2 paper that we had today was much nicer than the one in the summer and we all walked out of the room much more confident! The many thing with P2 is being able to apply everything that you know to a question, which is why the best way to prepare for the exam is do lots of past papers and exam questions!
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Youll find your own determination to do better than everyone else and prove everyone wrong, makes you work 10x harder, and take things in a lot better. What youve done seems plenty, just keep doing practice papers and try and concentrate on things that sometimes catch you out etc...
theone
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)

I havn't finished my M2 syllabus yet, so only need a day or two if you've learnt the material well.

Jediknight, if you ever have a problem, you can try
http://www.nrich.maths.org/discus/me...rd-topics.html - the responses are always quick and usually helpful.
Darkness
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have done about 100 Review Exercise 1&2 questions in the textbooks and about 6 different past papers since Christmas. Yes, I even revised for a few hours on Christmas Day!
Erm, that should be more than enough practice for an A (provided you could do most of them).

Chill buddy, I'm sure you'll do great. Don't start neglecting your other subjects either!
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
We all did P2 in november for the first time at our college and get the results 2morrow
candy88524
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by cobra01977)
We all did P2 in november for the first time at our college and get the results 2morrow
i got my p2 resit result back and from a previous 61, i got 47 ums marks!!! I'm so depressed, i only needed 9 more marks to get an a at AS. Should i re sit again for the third time in june? appr, edexcel are changing the system so you can resit as many times as you like and not have your previous marks marked out.

Anybody out there with the same problem as me???
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1623)
79.13%
Leave (428)
20.87%

Watched Threads