Pre-Medical Studies (A900) - Who's on it?xx

Watch
angel266
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
hey,

any existing or successful pre-med students at lancaster, who've gone onto either liverpool or lancaster?? or any current students starting this october!? hope to see you all soon & that the course is fun/rewarding x
posh
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
Hey I did pre med last year and I will be doing medicine at lancaster this year. It's hard work but if u are serious abt getting into medical school and work hard then you will be fine. Without pre med there was no way I could get into medical school with my A Level grades. This was my fourth time applying and only got in bcos of this course! If u have any questions let me know and I will be glad to help.
Poco
Report 11 years ago
Hi

I'm starting this course in October, what college are you in?
angel266
Rep:
?
(Original post by posh)
Hey I did pre med last year and I will be doing medicine at lancaster this year. It's hard work but if u are serious abt getting into medical school and work hard then you will be fine. Without pre med there was no way I could get into medical school with my A Level grades. This was my fourth time applying and only got in bcos of this course! If u have any questions let me know and I will be glad to help.
Hey, wow. Well done on that! I do have a few questions.. any reason why you chose Lancaster as your guaranteed interview? And how was the interview, was it like a normal one or did they ask why you're a pre-med applicant as opposed to normal applicant?xx
angel266
Rep:
?
(Original post by Poco)
Hi

I'm starting this course in October, what college are you in?
Hey, I haven't been assigned to a college yet! Where you from?
I've applied for Bowland & Fylde ..might end up off campus though! ah well x x
Poco
Report 11 years ago
I put Bowland as my first choice and Fylde as my second. I got assigned to Fylde but have changed to Bowland. I'm from Morecambe but will be living off-campus. When you do your pre-reg on-line and the form is printed off it should tell you what college you're in underneath your address. That's how I found out. Where are you from? You excited? x
angel266
Rep:
?
omg are you kidding me =/
did you not get an email??! does that mean, you've been assigned to a college cos ur accom will be off campus???! Morecambe ey, that's pretty local. I'm from Lancashireee x
posh
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by angel266)
Hey, wow. Well done on that! I do have a few questions.. any reason why you chose Lancaster as your guaranteed interview? And how was the interview, was it like a normal one or did they ask why you're a pre-med applicant as opposed to normal applicant?xx
Thank you.After making so many friends in lancaster I did not want to move and become a fresher again! Also I like the smaller class plus we get a free laptop:woo: I did not get asked why pre med but I was asked about why I choose lancaster over Liverpool. U may well get asked why premed though so be prepared to answer that.I think we are treated like other applicants but each interview is different bcos depending on the answers u give they may decide to ask you different questions based on ur answers.My first question was why they should choose me and not somebody else and others did not get this question at all. I also got 2 ethical questions which I completely messed up one lol
I think as long as u are confident and can show them u have a genuine interest in becoming a medical student u will be fine.Smiling and making eye contact with both ur interviewers is very important.Also get the 150 medical school questions book cos it really helps u in how to approach the answering of questions and has a lot of ethical scenarios. I hope this helps
batmanrobin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey Posh,
Do you have any advice for the end of year exams? Any tips that helped you?
batmanrobin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Any advice for end of summer exams?

(Original post by posh)
Thank you.After making so many friends in lancaster I did not want to move and become a fresher again! Also I like the smaller class plus we get a free laptop:woo: I did not get asked why pre med but I was asked about why I choose lancaster over Liverpool. U may well get asked why premed though so be prepared to answer that.I think we are treated like other applicants but each interview is different bcos depending on the answers u give they may decide to ask you different questions based on ur answers.My first question was why they should choose me and not somebody else and others did not get this question at all. I also got 2 ethical questions which I completely messed up one lol
I think as long as u are confident and can show them u have a genuine interest in becoming a medical student u will be fine.Smiling and making eye contact with both ur interviewers is very important.Also get the 150 medical school questions book cos it really helps u in how to approach the answering of questions and has a lot of ethical scenarios. I hope this helps
sabi06
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
if you do this course, and you are successful in it, is it guaranteed that you will be able to get an interview from any medical that you applied to? I mean do other universities accept this course?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.19%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.41%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.73%
I need help with my personal statement (63)
42.57%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
24.32%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.03%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise