The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Fission_Mailed
Why :hmmm:? I thought you wanted to be in L&W?

Its just a massive coincidence! Haha.
Does Nottingham have a UKCAT cut-off point I'm on the verge of submitting my application but I saw someone say on the UKCAT forum that Notts do have a UKCAT cut-off point of 650+? I've been through the Admissions policy many times, e-mailed, called the university but they give no clear answer.
MoTheMedic
Does Nottingham have a UKCAT cut-off point I'm on the verge of submitting my application but I saw someone say on the UKCAT forum that Notts do have a UKCAT cut-off point of 650+? I've been through the Admissions policy many times, e-mailed, called the university but they give no clear answer.

I think they look at each section individually rather than the average for the 4 sections.
Reply 83
InItToWinItGetIt?
I think they look at each section individually rather than the average for the 4 sections.

..and that's all they will tell us. As Organ said before, it's ridiculous that they are not more transparent with their admissions policy. :mad:
pan_93
second this question...

is 652.5 okay with 6A* and 4A at GCSE??

Seeing as you're persistant about this question...

I got 650 and started 3 weeks ago!!! (and very similar GCSEs)
Beska
Where exactly do you "hang out" in one of the catered halls? There's no kitchen to sit in, or whatever.

Corridoor, common room, bar, rooms...

Catered all the way...

DERBY ARMY!!!
Reply 86
NothingOriginal...
Seeing as you're persistant about this question...

I got 650 and started 3 weeks ago!!! (and very similar GCSEs)

wow really:biggrin:

okay that ends my nagging

thank you:biggrin:
NothingOriginal...
Corridoor, common room, bar, rooms...

Catered all the way...

DERBY ARMY!!!

DERBY HALL ARE FULL OF ****!

On a side note. OMFG excitement! I think we met on the rag raid. I was the guy who was quietly dying in the corner all day.
Reply 88
I was rejected last year because of the questionnaire. :unimpressed:
Reply 89
Hey, does anybody know what Nottingham's attitude is to GCSEs and the UKCAT. I understand their minimum requirements but unis such as Cardiff or Birmingham or Kings, to some extent love their GCSEs so what do Nottingham think? Also what do they think of the UKCAT do they use a cut-off.

I got 3 A*s 4 As 2 Bs 1 C

im staying clear of Birmingham and Cardiff, i never planned going there anyway :p:

Reply 90
what doyou know about gcses for kings, cardiff and birmingham (each one specifically)?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 91
The top 8 are part of the selection procedure. Nottingham are fairly cryptic.

They also use the UKCAT and personal statement. I wish I knew exactly how.
Reply 92
Gizmo!
what doyou know about gcses for kings, cardiff and birmingham (each one specifically)?

Are you a Notts boy?
Reply 93
hi there

I really want to apply to Nottingham, but a lot of people from my school do too. Will this make a difference?

Gcses: 7A* 4A's

AS': Bio A chem A Physics A maths A
A2's : bio chem physics and maths

UKCAT: 690 average (really screwed up my verbal :frown: )

I have loadsa work exp and extra curricular

Is this enough to get in or do they expect more of something?

thanks
bambinooo
hi there

I really want to apply to Nottingham, but a lot of people from my school do too. Will this make a difference?
Gcses: 7A* 4A's
AS': Bio A chem A Physics A maths A
A2's : bio chem physics and maths
UKCAT: 690 average (really screwed up my verbal :frown: )
I have loadsa work exp and extra curricular
Is this enough to get in or do they expect more of something?

thanks

Your GCSE grades are fine, as are your AS grades and I'm sure your A2 predictions are of the required standard. Nottingham look at individual UKCAT sub-section scores and the quantity of work experience and extra curricular isn't really relevant it's how well you've conveyed it in your personal statement. Then there's also the additional questionnaire. All universities have details of their admissions process on their websites.

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/mhs/documents/mhs-docs/admissionspolicy.pdf
Reply 95
Well Birmingham want 8 A*s perhaps more this year, for a interview. Cardiff want at least 5 A*s and Kings want A*s in comparison to the ukcat so bad ukcat can substitute for good GCSEs like 10 A*s.

Thanks for the info Organ :biggrin:

well there you go.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 96
I've recently applied to Notts

Does anyone know when we take the questionnaire. Is it sent to you by e-mail? Has anybody done it yet?
Reply 97
pan_93
I've recently applied to Notts

Does anyone know when we take the questionnaire. Is it sent to you by e-mail? Has anybody done it yet?

It's sent by email on the 16th Oct. :smile:
Reply 98
I didn't manage to get to the nottingham uni open day
I want to apply there after i did the medlink course there
however, i know nothing about this extra test thing you have to do at nottingham... could someone enlighten me?

also, ive got at gcse 7A* and 3 A
at AS ive got AAAC
and ive got 2 seperate weeks work exp... will i get looked at?

thank you to anyone who can help :smile:
Reply 99
georgie93
I didn't manage to get to the nottingham uni open day
I want to apply there after i did the medlink course there
however, i know nothing about this extra test thing you have to do at nottingham... could someone enlighten me?

also, ive got at gcse 7A* and 3 A
at AS ive got AAAC
and ive got 2 seperate weeks work exp... will i get looked at?

thank you to anyone who can help :smile:

Grades and everything seem fine.

The 'extra test' is just a questionnaire they email you after you've applied. You do it in your own time (you have 2 weeks to complete it) and it's not very strenuous. :smile:

Quick Reply