The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
bubblle
Thinking about it actually, Jagermeister and milk is a surprisingly nice combination

Really? haha how did you discover this?
I shall be trying this out.

On my friend whose birthday it has just been :biggrin:
Reply 22
Manitude
haha, I had a cornish pastie and a bottle of (suffolk) cider today :P
It is very much an aquired taste though.
From my experience of cornish ciders (had at least two that I can think of, it's quite hard to find proper cider in the north west) they're not that good anyway...pretty boring, not horrible, just bland.

Meh, I have no interest in acquiring the taste =P I think the only proper cider I've ever tried is Cornish Scrumpy, and it is vile
I'm a big fan of regular cider though (except strongbow. eurghh)
Reply 23
i forgot what it was called...
Reply 24
SophieNIN
Really? haha how did you discover this?

We were bored and had Jagermeister and nothing else to drink. It was actually on a list of Jager-related cocktails, so we thought we'd give it a go
Reply 25
For longer drink, real ale, proper cider, wine. Or you could be boring and ask for water.

A real ale or proper cider shouldn't be particularly fizzy. A good cider should be almost indistinguishable from apple juice, at least until the point you fall off your seat.
Reply 26
Hot chocolate and gin. :P
Reply 27
bubblle
Meh, I have no interest in acquiring the taste =P I think the only proper cider I've ever tried is Cornish Scrumpy, and it is vile
I'm a big fan of regular cider though (except strongbow. eurghh)

Would that happen to be the one in the flagon with the slogan "legless but smiling"?

If so that stuff is not great, it's very sweet andclear compared to most scrumpy ciders.

And yes, strongbow should ALWAYS be a last resort if you're going to drink cider.
If they only have white cider, leave. Even if you have no intention of drinking cider.
Reply 28
Kinsula
This thread is very useful for me.

I absolutely loathe fizzy drinks. If the concept of fizzy drinks was embodied as a human being, I would gladly punch its sorry little face into the middle of next week. It's like there's an EARTHQUAKE in my mouth and everyone is LAVA.
Yuck.

This loathing makes it very difficult to be as manly as a man should be, y'know, glugging beer and cider like there's no tomorrow. I just can't stomach the bastards.
Instead, I have to resort to downing shots and... *ahem* vodka and orange, scientifically proven to be the most feminine drink known to mankind (although it can be manned up by referring to it by its proper name, the Screwdriver). The shots bode quite well for my manliness as well as improving my tolerance, however they aren't best for my full presence of mind for reasons I'm sure are evident.
Even wine is a bit too much, although to be quite honest I'm not too fond of the taste either.

Cocktails? Yes, they don't possess the demonic carbonated bubbles of hell that agonisingly caress the back of my throat like knives dancing over a freshly baked Soufflé, but the issue is similar to what I previously mentioned - they are exclusively consumed by women and gay men, of which I am neither.

To top it off, my freshers week starts in 7 days. What will my newly made friends think when I tell them that their beloved beer inflicts calamity in my mouth? Help, TSR!

It depends what cocktails you are talking about. But remember this rule of thumb: if it is brown(ish) or clear, it is usually masculine enough.
Reply 29
Manitude
Would that happen to be the one in the flagon with the slogan "legless but smiling"?

If so that stuff is not great, it's very sweet andclear compared to most scrumpy ciders.

And yes, strongbow should ALWAYS be a last resort if you're going to drink cider.
If they only have white cider, leave. Even if you have no intention of drinking cider.

Aha that's the one, I have to say I love the labels, it's just the cider I don't like. Although the same place that makes that (Cornish Cyder Farm) do make a pretty good fizzy cider called Rattler, although I think you can't get that further upcountry than Somerset
Reply 30
fruit juice (orange, apple) and vodka..
vodka & black
vodka & cranberry juice
fat frog

umm i can think of alot more but they are fizzy lol
bubblle
Thinking about it actually, Jagermeister and milk is a surprisingly nice combination

:sick: that sounds almost as bad as someone who i know who loves vodka & MILK as in moo cow juice ewwwie :sigh:
Don't bother drinking alcohol, it's a pointless exercise.
Reply 34
Vodka and YOP.
Reply 35
oo handy thread, I seem to be allergic to some fizzy alcoholic drinks. Smirnoff ice and bucks fizz are just two examples that have left me embarrassed with a red blotchy face >.<
Reply 36
**** sake, most alcohol is non fizzy, what a stupid, pathetic question
Reply 37
Real ale. Pint of Adnams Bitter. Flat as a pancake but it'll spin you out nicely after a few.
Reply 38
If you went into a pub and asked for help deciding on a drink, would they actually help you? xD

'cause I'm a noob with drinking, and so far only like smirnoff ice.
spirits you dickhead

Latest