Help to find an internship in finance in UK Watch

This discussion is closed.
geba21
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hello everybody

I'm french and I've just registered in this website and As Isee thereare many users I ask help or advice to all of them
I'm a new graduate in finance and I'm looking for an internship in finance particularly in an investment bank or investment funds to do financial analysis and study the ask for financing of firms
I take all interesting information and help you give and will also help you if you have any question in france.

Read U
californiabeach
Report 15 years ago
Salut geba21,

I´m from Germany and I am also looking for an internship in banking and finance in the UK. I have now been searching for a stage via internet for about two month and I did not find a single offer in this sector. I now have the impression that there are no uk websites that offer 2-3 month business internships in the UK. Did you find out anything about it? Perhaps you can now give me a hint where I can find job offers for the UK (especially in its financial centre London).
I can only say that most investment banks offer internships via their own websites. But only during the summer :-( And application deadlines normally end in january/february each year. In Germany we are used to take internships all over the year even at german banks/investment banks/funds...

Can anyone help us foreigners to find a website where companies offer (paid) business internships on an undergraduate or graduate level?

Thanks a lot!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
all investment banks offer internships e.g. goldman sachs, lehman brothers...etc, though places are very competitive indeed
californiabeach
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
all investment banks offer internships e.g. goldman sachs, lehman brothers...etc, though places are very competitive indeed

Hi wolf. I know that investment banks offer internship places. But all I found on their webpages were offers for summer internships and I would like to take one from april or if not possible from mai on. Furthermore I would prefer to apply for a distinct position and not for a department in general. And anything I found were general propositions for "summer internships". When I applied for my internships in Germany I always applied for a position/job and not for a company in general. Do you know if any investment bank or even Stock Exchange or related companies in Britain offer internships apart from those summer internships. I mean for example staring next month ;-)
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by californiabeach)
Hi wolf. I know that investment banks offer internship places. But all I found on their webpages were offers for summer internships and I would like to take one from april or if not possible from mai on. Furthermore I would prefer to apply for a distinct position and not for a department in general. And anything I found were general propositions for "summer internships". When I applied for my internships in Germany I always applied for a position/job and not for a company in general. Do you know if any investment bank or even Stock Exchange or related companies in Britain offer internships apart from those summer internships. I mean for example staring next month ;-)
im **** knackered at the mo gotta sleep but maybe its a good idea to look at www.work-experience.org in the mean time
californiabeach
Report 15 years ago
Thank you wolf. I already seached this site but I will do it again cause you named it again. Gotta sleep too but got to find a job as well.... I´m tired of it.

But still happy about further help!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (209)
61.47%
Yes- I don't like it (13)
3.82%
No- I want it (94)
27.65%
No- I don't want it (24)
7.06%

Watched Threads