Turn on thread page Beta

Physics AS Jan 15 Exexcel watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey anyone doin physics tmw ???
    I m doin unit 1/2 resits....i got C's last time and hope to end up with atleast B's or maybe even A's yaaaaaaa ..........

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I'm resitting Unit 2. Question: with regards to the equation I=nAvq, if I, n and q are constant, why does the drift velocity increase if the cross-sectional area (A) decrease? It makes sense that an increase in 'A' would mean that the electrons could flow more easily about the circuit as there is more space. Why is this not so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jtaylor)
    Yeh, I'm resitting Unit 2. Question: with regards to the equation I=nAvq, if I, n and q are constant, why does the drift velocity increase if the cross-sectional area (A) decrease? It makes sense that an increase in 'A' would mean that the electrons could flow more easily about the circuit as there is more space. Why is this not so?
    You have to consider that current around the circuit is constant as well....... When A decreases n and q remain constant V the drift velocity has to increase in order to pass through the same current

ReputationRep:
    how did you find the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jtaylor)
    how did you find the exam?
    I think i did better than last time...Unit 2 was a good paper..i think i did really well in it......Unit 1 i messed up on the last question so i guess that will bring me down....

ReputationRep:
    I thought paper 2 wasn't very good, I think paper 1 went well though, anyone get that specific heat capacity one about the 22 rocks?

Chris

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris L)
    I thought paper 2 wasn't very good, I think paper 1 went well though, anyone get that specific heat capacity one about the 22 rocks?

Chris
    22 rocks???? there was sumthin to do with the aluminium exp...not rocks?? are u talkin bout Edexcel ???

ReputationRep:
    Ah my bad...I do Edexcel Salters Horners lol...sorry had my Physics exams this afternon

ReputationRep:
    u know for unit 1 on the half-life q with the 'flipping the coin' q, did every1 draw a curve to join points and say that it could be used to measure half-life??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lgs98jonee)
    u know for unit 1 on the half-life q with the 'flipping the coin' q, did every1 draw a curve to join points and say that it could be used to measure half-life??
    yeah i did a curve as well....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lgs98jonee)
    I drawed a curve as well and agreed that it can be uesd to explained.

what did you guys say about the last question, " what would you do to make the Q not be zero....."

ReputationRep:
    yeah...i wasnt sure about that either...i put that he could put weights on pivots and thus the turning effect of his weight would have less effect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anders)
    I drawed a curve as well and agreed that it can be uesd to explained.

what did you guys say about the last question, " what would you do to make the Q not be zero....."
    The last question with Q was a *****.....i had to think bout that for a while...i think i messed up big time on that part...

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.