This discussion is closed.
mb85
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hey anyone doin physics tmw ???
I m doin unit 1/2 resits....i got C's last time and hope to end up with atleast B's or maybe even A's yaaaaaaa ..........
jtaylor
Report 16 years ago
Yeh, I'm resitting Unit 2. Question: with regards to the equation I=nAvq, if I, n and q are constant, why does the drift velocity increase if the cross-sectional area (A) decrease? It makes sense that an increase in 'A' would mean that the electrons could flow more easily about the circuit as there is more space. Why is this not so?
mb85
Rep:
?
(Original post by jtaylor)
Yeh, I'm resitting Unit 2. Question: with regards to the equation I=nAvq, if I, n and q are constant, why does the drift velocity increase if the cross-sectional area (A) decrease? It makes sense that an increase in 'A' would mean that the electrons could flow more easily about the circuit as there is more space. Why is this not so?
You have to consider that current around the circuit is constant as well....... When A decreases n and q remain constant V the drift velocity has to increase in order to pass through the same current
jtaylor
Report 16 years ago
how did you find the exam?
mb85
Rep:
?
(Original post by jtaylor)
how did you find the exam?
I think i did better than last time...Unit 2 was a good paper..i think i did really well in it......Unit 1 i messed up on the last question so i guess that will bring me down....
Chris L
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I thought paper 2 wasn't very good, I think paper 1 went well though, anyone get that specific heat capacity one about the 22 rocks?

Chris
mb85
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chris L)
I thought paper 2 wasn't very good, I think paper 1 went well though, anyone get that specific heat capacity one about the 22 rocks?

Chris
22 rocks???? there was sumthin to do with the aluminium exp...not rocks?? are u talkin bout Edexcel ???
Chris L
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ah my bad...I do Edexcel Salters Horners lol...sorry had my Physics exams this afternon
lgs98jonee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
u know for unit 1 on the half-life q with the 'flipping the coin' q, did every1 draw a curve to join points and say that it could be used to measure half-life??
mb85
Rep:
?
(Original post by lgs98jonee)
u know for unit 1 on the half-life q with the 'flipping the coin' q, did every1 draw a curve to join points and say that it could be used to measure half-life??
yeah i did a curve as well....
Anders
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lgs98jonee)
I drawed a curve as well and agreed that it can be uesd to explained.

what did you guys say about the last question, " what would you do to make the Q not be zero....."
lgs98jonee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah...i wasnt sure about that either...i put that he could put weights on pivots and thus the turning effect of his weight would have less effect.
mb85
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anders)
I drawed a curve as well and agreed that it can be uesd to explained.

what did you guys say about the last question, " what would you do to make the Q not be zero....."
The last question with Q was a *****.....i had to think bout that for a while...i think i messed up big time on that part...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (65)
19.35%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (72)
21.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (62)
18.45%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (70)
20.83%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (34)
10.12%
I haven't started researching yet (33)
9.82%

Watched Threads