The Student Room Group

Am I too sensitive?

sometimes i think im too sensitive as the tiny little thing can set me off but i just dont know, ive been with my bf 18months now met in college blah blah and now we are both going to unis in notts.

Now, my bus driver from college (wierd yes) kept telling me i was stupid cause its bound to end in heart ache and im thinking he is probably right, anyway, its my bfs first day at uni and i thought id call him a little later than usual cause he might be having dinner with his parents to say bye or with his mates to get to know them so i rung him at 6:30 just to say Hi how are you, how are things etc..

and well he goes ' im on the way to the bar so try calling me again at 11, if i dont answer im still there but still wishing you good night' and then hung up, and im really really hurt.

I know its his first day so he is bound to be excited but to me that was a little mean, so ive sent a text saying 11 will be too late so we can chat tomora but i think he turnt his phone off :frown:

am i being too sensitive?

Scroll to see replies

Yes.
I would be hurt too, if my bf had gone away and then not been interested in talking to me his first day away from home. Hes probably just caught up in the excitement of it all and wants to make friends with all the other new people. Try not to mind too much and just let him know it upset you, im sure he didnt mean anything by it.
Reply 3
i think ur being too sensitive. i wouldnt tell him it upset u. just forget bout it.
Reply 4
I think you're being a bit too sensitive. Hell, he was probably drunk.
Reply 5
Yes, you are. Guys really aren't that important and they don't take you as much for granted if you give them space.
Reply 6
Love hurts
Reply 7
Precisely!
noofruit
I would be hurt too, if my bf had gone away and then not been interested in talking to me his first day away from home. Hes probably just caught up in the excitement of it all and wants to make friends with all the other new people. Try not to mind too much and just let him know it upset you, im sure he didnt mean anything by it.

ditto.
Reply 9
to be honest, i am a guy, and my gf and i are living at separate accomodation. We decided to take find out our feet at uni (are both at the same uni), but i find my self being over-sensitive and always wanting attention and wanting her to be with me. The truth is that we have to make our own separate friends, otherwise we would be classed as just a couple, not as we really are.

I hate it, not seeing her as much as i would like to and it is hard to deal with but it will only be for a couple of weeks then im sure it will be back to normal.

Hope this helps and makes you feel better!
i know somewhat how it feels!!!
Reply 11
kills you doesnt it!
Reply 12
All I can say is, get used to it, Uni is so time demanding, if he rings you 3x a week I'd be happy, I remember my (ex)gf and family getting really pissed off wiv me for never ringing them and stuff, but it wasn't intentional, its just that theres so much other stuff going on it is really hard to find the time to have some time to yourself and ring them and stuff.
Reply 13
Yeah im trying, its just really weird going from 24/7 together to well a lot less than that!but im sure well'll cope!what year are you in and at what uni?

imasillynarb
All I can say is, get used to it, Uni is so time demanding, if he rings you 3x a week I'd be happy, I remember my (ex)gf and family getting really pissed off wiv me for never ringing them and stuff, but it wasn't intentional, its just that theres so much other stuff going on it is really hard to find the time to have some time to yourself and ring them and stuff.
You'll probably have to brush him off on the odd occassion in order to make new friends at uni, he'll just be caught up in the big change and won't mean anything by it. Don't let it worry you. :biggrin:
if it kills ya it'd prob be better. Its this agony that u just cant stand!!!
Reply 16
spicu
Yeah im trying, its just really weird going from 24/7 together to well a lot less than that!but im sure well'll cope!what year are you in and at what uni?

Thats exactly the problem I had with my ex, we saw each other everyday for almost the whole summer and then suddenly to never seeing each other and not really contacting each other.

2nd year @ york btw
Reply 17
were you both at the same uni? I mean we see each other almost every day, just not for as long as we always used to. We are still as close as we used to be, we are jsut doing separate courses and so diff ppl that kinda stuff.

Its good for us really, just dont like it!

Im 1st year at liverpool

imasillynarb
Thats exactly the problem I had with my ex, we saw each other everyday for almost the whole summer and then suddenly to never seeing each other and not really contacting each other.

2nd year @ york btw
Reply 18
purplecrayon
sometimes i think im too sensitive as the tiny little thing can set me off but i just dont know, ive been with my bf 18months now met in college blah blah and now we are both going to unis in notts.

Now, my bus driver from college (wierd yes) kept telling me i was stupid cause its bound to end in heart ache and im thinking he is probably right, anyway, its my bfs first day at uni and i thought id call him a little later than usual cause he might be having dinner with his parents to say bye or with his mates to get to know them so i rung him at 6:30 just to say Hi how are you, how are things etc..

and well he goes ' im on the way to the bar so try calling me again at 11, if i dont answer im still there but still wishing you good night' and then hung up, and im really really hurt.

I know its his first day so he is bound to be excited but to me that was a little mean, so ive sent a text saying 11 will be too late so we can chat tomora but i think he turnt his phone off :frown:

am i being too sensitive?

Don't worry too much, the first day of uni was completely manic for me and has probs been the same for ur BF. He'll definitely be eager to make friends, and is also likely to be really tired which might make him come across abit abrupt or grumpy. Saying that, if he acts like it much more I'd get arsy with him if i were you. He should understand that its an anxious time for you because 1) u care for him 2) he's having uni fun without you
Reply 19
spicu
were you both at the same uni? I mean we see each other almost every day, just not for as long as we always used to. We are still as close as we used to be, we are jsut doing separate courses and so diff ppl that kinda stuff.

Its good for us really, just dont like it!

Im 1st year at liverpool

No, nothing like that, there was a 5 hour car journey between us, to be honest, if you see him everyday, I don't see what you're complaining about.