Turn on thread page Beta
    • Answer Heroes
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Answer Heroes
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by picju96)
    Why? I can't stand it anyway, just wondering.

I drink anything, depending on my mood. Recently discovered Southern Comfort and cranberry juice, sounds horrible, tastes lovely. Carling, snakebite, etc for drinking games, so i don't get too drunk.

Can't often drink those alcopop things though, they're just too sweet.
    The NUS refuse to deal with Whitbread

http://www.nussl.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    Why is stella banned? Thats an outrage to public decency! Surely San miguels available as a back up?
    • Answer Heroes
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Answer Heroes
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by George-W-Duck)
    Why is stella banned? Thats an outrage to public decency! Surely San miguels available as a back up?
    Don't worry there are a growing number of universities disaffiliating from the nus

And AFAIK san miguel is available...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amexblack)
    Vanilla Stolichnaya doesn't taste like crap yet it's 40% by volume. If vanilla's not your thing, Peach or Strawberry are good too. all absolutely delicious. don't try it with redbull. quite good with coke, or in shots (make sure its frozen though...warm vodka ain't good, ever)
    have you ever tried zubrowka?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    have you ever tried zubrowka?
    is that the one with the leaf? i think i've tried it ... can't remember what it's like though. nice?

white wolf is a laugh .... although if i don't chew an ice cube immediately i'd probably puke. 80% & lethal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amexblack)
    is that the one with the leaf? i think i've tried it ... can't remember what it's like though. nice?

white wolf is a laugh .... although if i don't chew an ice cube immediately i'd probably puke. 80% & lethal
    yeah, its got the grass inside.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh.....All good strong drinks. Thats what i like to see!!!!

ReputationRep:
    for the usual, it got to be san miguel or tiger beer, in lagers, and spirits...hmm

a good G&T can be GLORIOUS, but there was this really nice vodka from Poland clled bullgrass vodka, cos it had a stick of bullgress in it which turned it a lovely green colour. fantastic with apple juice (and so CHEAP!)
    • Answer Heroes
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Answer Heroes
    PS Reviewer
    :gag: G&T - tastes so green.

I remember one new yrs eve when it snowed and the only drinks we had were one bottle of champagne (which became mostly bubbles as it always does when drinking out of the bottle) one bottle of vodka and a bottle of gin...kept having to wash away the taste of the gin with the vodka and ended up thinking that writing PLOP in 10 foot high letters in the snow in sainsburys carpark was the funniest thing in the world :rolleyes:

*gets all sentimental that was the yr of my first glasto 1997*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    :gag: G&T - tastes so green.

I remember one new yrs eve when it snowed and the only drinks we had were one bottle of champagne (which became mostly bubbles as it always does when drinking out of the bottle) one bottle of vodka and a bottle of gin...kept having to wash away the taste of the gin with the vodka and ended up thinking that writing PLOP in 10 foot high letters in the snow in sainsburys carpark was the funniest thing in the world :rolleyes:

*gets all sentimental that was the yr of my first glasto 1997*
    ROFL!!

ReputationRep:
    They sell it in the Union Bar here at UEA...

ReputationRep:
    They sell it in all the bars here too.
    • Answer Heroes
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Answer Heroes
    PS Reviewer
    Really?? the NUS must have finally paid attention to student demand then (1 1/2 yrs ago they were dead against it...the increasing number of uni's dissaffilliating must be scaring them and rightly so).

Are they student union bars or hall/independant bars - one of the main arguements for Soton disaffiliating was because even with the NUS's "mighty" buying power the hall bars were able to sell drinks for far cheaper...including Stella which the NUS wouldn't allow us to sell.

I have to say since disaffiliating our SU shop has begun to stock far more interesting products (we've got a little bakery now which the NUS wouldn't allow, and they stock sandwiches etc that are nicer and cheaper than the ones that NUSSL supplied) and the prices have all gone down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Really?? the NUS must have finally paid attention to student demand then (1 1/2 yrs ago they were dead against it...the increasing number of uni's dissaffilliating must be scaring them and rightly so).

Are they student union bars or hall/independant bars - one of the main arguements for Soton disaffiliating was because even with the NUS's "mighty" buying power the hall bars were able to sell drinks for far cheaper...including Stella which the NUS wouldn't allow us to sell.

I have to say since disaffiliating our SU shop has begun to stock far more interesting products (we've got a little bakery now which the NUS wouldn't allow, and they stock sandwiches etc that are nicer and cheaper than the ones that NUSSL supplied) and the prices have all gone down.
    Its actually the union bar (our halls don't have their own bars). I don't know if we're disaffiliated or what but i know we don't get a separate NUS card unless we particularly want one - all i have to say i'm associated with the NUS is their symbol really small on the back of my UEA campus card...
    • Answer Heroes
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Answer Heroes
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Chicken)
    Its actually the union bar (our halls don't have their own bars). I don't know if we're disaffiliated or what but i know we don't get a separate NUS card unless we particularly want one - all i have to say i'm associated with the NUS is their symbol really small on the back of my UEA campus card...
    And that your student union will be paying them around £60,000pa for the privelidge of letting people get NUS cards if they want them. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Stella is not banned, its just some pubs decide not to sell it because it aint that popular. It really depends. If you go round your local pubs im sure someone will sell it!
    • Answer Heroes
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Answer Heroes
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by The_Barman)
    Stella is not banned, its just some pubs decide not to sell it because it aint that popular. It really depends. If you go round your local pubs im sure someone will sell it!
    No-one said it was banned outright.

I did say that the NUS (IFAIK) refuse to deal with whitbred beers and so it is not (generally) available in student union bars.

However it's become apparant that things have changed over the last year and a half and that NUSSL (the buying consortium that all NUS bars are obliged to use) is obviously listening to student opinion and is now allowing stella to be stocked in at least some NUS affilliated union bars.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.