The Manchester City Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
is sir joey out injured?
De Jong is a right hacker.
Reply 122
What a filthy, filthy goal :coma:
Reply 123
De Jong will be public enemy number 1 by the time the Blackpool game comes around. Luckily the majority of his tackles are clean, he's gone nearly 2 years without getting a red. We saw against Bolton that a reputation can go against you. Hope he can ride the storm for a few weeks before the press pick on someone else.
Reply 124
Ridiculous performance by the ref- I'm livid.
De Jong is a filthy ****. He can seriously **** off out of the PL. Carried on where he left off at the world cup. Disgusting thing.
Reply 126
No matter how hard you try you will never be RobbieC.
Reply 127
Jeppasloth
Luckily the majority of his tackles are clean, he's gone nearly 2 years without getting a red.

In the last year just off the top of my head he's broken a player's leg (in a friendly), planted his studs in a player's chest and whatever damage he's done to Ben Arfa today. Add in the numerous hacks and raised studs that follow him whenever he plays and De Jong is an absolutely flithy player. In terms of causing damage to fellow professionals, he's the worst in the league. Awful.
Reply 128
Don't talk pish. Watch the tackle again, clumsy yes, dirty, not particularly, went for the ball.

Almost all of his tackles are clean through for the ball.
Reply 129
Got to agree about De Jong. Whether he's a thug or its just down to pure lack of talent doesn't really matter, if he is out and about consistently causing serious injuries to players then he deserves everything he gets for it from fans and more.

Should have kept Barton :colonhash:
(edited 13 years ago)
Panthalic
In the last year just off the top of my head he's broken a player's leg (in a friendly), planted his studs in a player's chest and whatever damage he's done to Ben Arfa today. Add in the numerous hacks and raised studs that follow him whenever he plays and De Jong is an absolutely flithy player. In terms of causing damage to fellow professionals, he's the worst in the league. Awful.

He's filth, yesterday was just another example. Terrible scissor tackle. Glad Van Marwijk has dropped him and realises the score "I have a problem with the way Nigel needlessly looks to push the limit." even if the Dutch side in the WC final was nasty
Reply 131
Panthalic

Read what I said. The majority are clean.

Of course a player who's primary job is to tackle will make a few bad ones if only by the law of averages. Give me Nigel over your legions of divers any day of the fecking week. Oh and for the record Alex Song has more fouls to his name.
Reply 132
Jeppasloth

Of course a player who's primary job is to tackle will make a few bad ones if only by the law of averages. Give me Nigel over your legions of divers any day of the fecking week. Oh and for the record Alex Song has more fouls to his name.

How many injuries can you remember Song causing? How many can you remember Davies or Cahill causing? I'm not talking about fouls, I'm talking about being a danger to those he plays against. How can you possibly kung fu kick someone in chest by accident?
Reply 133
I feel for De Jong. His primary position - his sole position - is as a midfield enforcer. He's told to break up play. He's told to stop the opposition. He's told to play aggressively. Unfortunately for him, it's also what he does best. He can't compete against the likes of Yaya Toure and Barry when it comes to a more general midfield role.

If he wants to stay at City, or if he wants to play for any top 4 team, he has to keep up what he's doing. Van Marwijk used him in that role, for that very same purpose in the Holland squad, and now he's put him in a difficult position. He should get rid of Van Bommel too tbh... but he's probs immune from criticism.
Reply 134
I'll stand by what I said, the majority of his tackles are clean. It's a shame it happened to Ben Arfa because it wasn't actually that bad a challenge, the kung fu kick wasn't even dangerous just stupid. The Holden break was completely OTT.

And it's not like it hasn't happened to us, Kolarov (Who according to reports may return against Blackpool) has been out for 2 months from a bad tackle but I can't even remember who made it. It's football ffs, these things happen.
He's one of those players you love when he plays for you and hate when he doesn't. The man's a hero. Just a bit of a scrote at the same time. Every team needs a scrote.
Reply 136
Yawn-er
I feel for De Jong. His primary position - his sole position - is as a midfield enforcer. He's told to break up play. He's told to stop the opposition. He's told to play aggressively. Unfortunately for him, it's also what he does best. He can't compete against the likes of Yaya Toure and Barry when it comes to a more general midfield role.

If he wants to stay at City, or if he wants to play for any top 4 team, he has to keep up what he's doing. Van Marwijk used him in that role, for that very same purpose in the Holland squad, and now he's put him in a difficult position. He should get rid of Van Bommel too tbh... but he's probs immune from criticism.

A lot of players primarily play the enforcer role, the difference is that De Jong seems to be a lot more dangerous. Mascherano arguably is the best player in the "enforcer role" (imo) and he rarely every breaks legs or anything, whereas De Jong seems to be involved in quite a lot of bad tackles.

If the only way he can stay in teams is by seriously hurting opposition players he shouldn't be playing.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 137
Oh well. I love him, he's not been banned and he gets a 2 week rest.
Jeppasloth

Oh well, if the majority are clean that's ok if he breaks a few bones her and there. It's not averages at all, Song fouls a lot but he doesn't go into challenges without control and I can't remember him putting in a tackle which I thought was nasty. De Jong on the other hand now has 3 memorable bad poor tackles in the last 5 months as pointed out above

I hope 'your' doesn't refer to Arsenal as there isn't a single diver in the team and i'd class Eboue as the only one in the squad. Divers never hurt anybody anyway, De Jong does
Reply 139
Economist
Oh well, if the majority are clean that's ok if he breaks a few bones her and there. It's not averages at all, Song fouls a lot but he doesn't go into challenges without control and I can't remember him putting in a tackle which I thought was nasty. De Jong on the other hand now has 3 memorable bad poor tackles in the last 5 months as pointed out above

I hope 'your' doesn't refer to Arsenal as there isn't a single diver in the team and i'd class Eboue as the only one in the squad. Divers never hurt anybody anyway, De Jong does

Whatever. You watch highlights, I watch games.

Quick Reply

Latest