The Student Room Group

AS Biology Exam Getting ahead.

Hello,
I am new to this website so please forgive me is this thread is in the wrong sector.

I am trying to get ahead in revision for Biology AS AQA Specification A, but however am in a bit of a dilemma. I recently purchased a CGP revision guide and have been provided by my school a Collins AS Biology for AQA book. Now the dilemma in which I have entered is that I do not know which one to revise out of. I have flicked through the Collins book and have picked out key words for example 'endotoxins', and have tried to look for it in the CGP book but it is nowhere to be found.

Please help as I don’t know which book to revise out of, if Collins is the one how do I go about revising it as it is in much more detail than the CGP one.

Thanks,
Avnish.v
AQA endorse the Nelson Thornes student book. It's not perfect but it does give the content according to AQA'sperspective.

Ultimately, use the specification to determine what you need to know and the Nelson Thornes to give it in AQA's way. The CGP book (as long as its the AQA-specific one) does summarise it well enough.

Get hold of the past papers and practice those and use the mark schemes to get your wording right.
AQA endorse the Nelson Thornes student book. It's not perfect but it does give the content according to AQA'sperspective.

Ultimately, use the specification to determine what you need to know and the Nelson Thornes to give it in AQA's way. The CGP book (as long as its the AQA-specific one) does summarise it well enough.

Get hold of the past papers and practice those and use the mark schemes to get your wording right.

Latest

Trending

Trending