Queen Mary - Interview next wednesday Watch

This discussion is closed.
fionah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
After yesterdays post stressing about about lack of contact from QM, I have an interview next wednesday for English.

It says it's informal, but i was just wondering how informal this is.. Can I wear just casual clothes , and am i going to be grilled about the books on my ps or asked more general questions like whether or not i enjoyed them.. ?!
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My interview for Maths there was merely an informal chat so all you have to do is scrub up and turn up. No need for shirts or anything but don't look a tramp! Just be yourself and confident about your ability to hold a conversation about English. One would think Maths had little scope for conversation but I managed alright. My interviewer was a physicist too, the mathematician's rival. Oh yeah another tip, if you're expecting very decent grades (e.g. A and B), let them know as much where possible, i.e. that you're confident of good grades. I got lower than standard offers from three of my choices for doing as much. Good luck!
fionah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
My interview for Maths there was merely an informal chat so all you have to do is scrub up and turn up. No need for shirts or anything but don't look a tramp! Just be yourself and confident about your ability to hold a conversation about English. One would think Maths had little scope for conversation but I managed alright. My interviewer was a physicist too, the mathematician's rival. Oh yeah another tip, if you're expecting very decent grades (e.g. A and B), let them know as much where possible, i.e. that you're confident of good grades. I got lower than standard offers from three of my choices for doing as much. Good luck!
Ta for advice, handy tip about the grades thing I wouldnt look like a tramp! hehe, just don't own any female equivalents of a suit, and would rather not have to go and buy something especially. Could be an excuse for a nice new skirt though!!

eta: hehe you only live like 1 stop from there!! I know someone who lives in bethnal, went there a couple of weeks ago and ate at la forchetta!
Specialheffa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hey ya, i had my English interview in October.

It really is nice. You basically spend the afternoon in a lecture hall, they give a little talk, you meet others. You then get given a time of which your interview occurs. It's up to you, but i stayed and chatted with others there, but you can go on a tour. When it is your time, you will be called with others, then taken upstairs to your interviewer. I think there's about 6-7 interviewers?

My interview was not greatly informal but it wasn't tremendously hard. I had a really nice lady who asked about the stuff on my form, my extra activities. Questions related to that, asked if i had any questions AND THAT WAS IT.

Only about 15-20minutes and it goes so fast. I got accepted and offered in my interview, similarly to another girl i met there as well.

So, honestly it is nothing to worry about.

Oh, never trust the word 'informal'.. fear it! lol

Good luck, if you have any more questions feel free to ask!
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fionah)
Ta for advice, handy tip about the grades thing I wouldnt look like a tramp! hehe, just don't own any female equivalents of a suit, and would rather not have to go and buy something especially. Could be an excuse for a nice new skirt though!!

eta: hehe you only live like 1 stop from there!! I know someone who lives in bethnal, went there a couple of weeks ago and ate at la forchetta!
I was able to have my lessons at sixth-form, had my last lesson at 12 and walked to the university for 12:45. Soon as I finished I joined my mates at the snooker club which is about a minute away. Ain't it great to be so local! "Mum I'm just popping out to hand in my project"...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%
No I don't (547)
48.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise