The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Radiography @ Leeds

Hey guys, i'm just about to start my third year of radiography at Leeds. I'll be happy to answer any questions and give advice to anyone thinking about doing radiography or starting the course in the next few week! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hiya radstar im really intrested in doing radiography in leeds...its my firm choice and im looking forward to studying radiography at leeds...i just wana knw how lng is the hours of study for radiography per day?
and would you recommend leeds a top uni for studying radiography?
hit bak all be really thankful to u if u cn ans ma questn :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
yeah i've got a firm place at leeds 2011, but wouldlove to know what it is like, specially placement
Reply 3
Original post by ataylor222
yeah i've got a firm place at leeds 2011, but wouldlove to know what it is like, specially placement

You've got a place?! I'm applying this year they told me that they won't tell me what their decision is until April... I hope they weren't lying to me, Leeds is my firm :frown: !
Reply 4
Original post by iunno
You've got a place?! I'm applying this year they told me that they won't tell me what their decision is until April... I hope they weren't lying to me, Leeds is my firm :frown: !

I deferred my entry from 2010 as i took a gap year so don't worry, i didnt hear from them until april/may.
Reply 5
I deferred my entry from 2010 as i took a gap year so don't worry, i didnt hear from them until april/may.

ohhh did they interview you? I hope I get an offer like you! what're your accommodation plans? i attended an interview, I think it wwent well but my only obstacle now is just getting my original certificates to them soon ish.
funny thing about leeds is, they said they're not replying till april, but they're already handing out rejections? hmm.
Reply 6
Original post by iunno
ohhh did they interview you? I hope I get an offer like you! what're your accommodation plans? i attended an interview, I think it wwent well but my only obstacle now is just getting my original certificates to them soon ish.
funny thing about leeds is, they said they're not replying till april, but they're already handing out rejections? hmm.

Yeah they interviewed me, it was nice and relaxed and went well. The fact that you havn't been rejected is a good thing!

I'm sure it will go well! I'm a little confused about accomodation because there's so much placement but i'll probably stay on campus. I cant really commute as i live in norfolk :s-smilie:

hopefully i'll see you next year :biggrin:
Reply 7
Yeah they interviewed me, it was nice and relaxed and went well. The fact that you havn't been rejected is a good thing!

I'm sure it will go well! I'm a little confused about accomodation because there's so much placement but i'll probably stay on campus. I cant really commute as i live in norfolk :s-smilie:

hopefully i'll see you next year :biggrin:

Thank you! it is a good thing, but im just worried they'll get impatient waiting for me to get my original certificates through :frown:.

if you live in norfolk its a good idea to live on campus, did you get allocated to leeds trusts for placements? I'm worried I won't get allocated to leeds!
im a bag of nerves.
....fingers crossed i will see you next year.
Reply 8
Original post by iunno
Thank you! it is a good thing, but im just worried they'll get impatient waiting for me to get my original certificates through :frown:.

if you live in norfolk its a good idea to live on campus, did you get allocated to leeds trusts for placements? I'm worried I won't get allocated to leeds!
im a bag of nerves.
....fingers crossed i will see you next year.

Nah i doubt they'll get impatient about the certificates, they're more interested in the kind of person you are, so im sure you'll be fine!

is that the places for placement? if it is then they dont give those out until everyone has their place
Reply 9
Nah i doubt they'll get impatient about the certificates, they're more interested in the kind of person you are, so im sure you'll be fine!

is that the places for placement? if it is then they dont give those out until everyone has their place

thanks, I hope you're right. talked to the exam boards this afternoon and said it'll take like 4-6 weeks.
and leeds uni told me they'd send us out forms if we get offers so they can start organising placements. it'd be a bit annoying to be placed somewhere like hull or scarborough, but I think it's definitely worth the sacrifice - its only for your own good after all.
agh, hope I definitely get to see you next year cause it'll mean I'm in at leeds! haha. if you've got any more advice/info let me know :smile:
Original post by iunno
thanks, I hope you're right. talked to the exam boards this afternoon and said it'll take like 4-6 weeks.
and leeds uni told me they'd send us out forms if we get offers so they can start organising placements. it'd be a bit annoying to be placed somewhere like hull or scarborough, but I think it's definitely worth the sacrifice - its only for your own good after all.
agh, hope I definitely get to see you next year cause it'll mean I'm in at leeds! haha. if you've got any more advice/info let me know :smile:

I dont wanna go to hull :s-smilie: i really want to study at leeds but theres not much anyone can do! Probably see you in September :biggrin:
Reply 11
I dont wanna go to hull :s-smilie: i really want to study at leeds but theres not much anyone can do! Probably see you in September :biggrin:

yeah if they do place you in another city i guess its not the end of the world, its a positive experience. do you know when they'll tell you?

your optimism to see me in september is great by the way, haha. I'm enjoying the positivity :biggrin:
Original post by iunno
yeah if they do place you in another city i guess its not the end of the world, its a positive experience. do you know when they'll tell you?

your optimism to see me in september is great by the way, haha. I'm enjoying the positivity :biggrin:

i have no clue when we find out but what can you do! I f i got in then you'll be fine :biggrin:
Reply 13
i have no clue when we find out but what can you do! I f i got in then you'll be fine :biggrin:

eeeeeeeeeee, i hope sooo, thanks for the support!
Does anyone know if all these raises in tuitions will affect diagnostic radiography? Iknow it's paid for by the nhs at the moment but will it change?
Reply 15
hello! i sent my ucas off about a week and a half ago because i started this course at exeter and found the uni and distance from home was just not for me at all. do you think my application has been sent quite late? they've said the fact that i'm retrying won't go against me, let's just hope this is the case :s-smilie:
Reply 16
Original post by Clairrre
hello! i sent my ucas off about a week and a half ago because i started this course at exeter and found the uni and distance from home was just not for me at all. do you think my application has been sent quite late? they've said the fact that i'm retrying won't go against me, let's just hope this is the case :s-smilie:

if you're applying for 2011 entry then no thats not late at all... late would be after january 15th id reckon. let us know how you get along! Leeds got in touch with me quite quickly.
Reply 17
Does anyone know if all these raises in tuitions will affect diagnostic radiography? Iknow it's paid for by the nhs at the moment but will it change?

I've heard it wont, NHS would still pay because they need to qualify new people for the industry. But please do check, because this isn't from a reliable source!
Reply 18

do you know what the odds are for getting accepted if you've had an interview? I'm guessing they're not gonna interview the 600 applicants they get for the 40-odd places they have available. and if you are wondering... yes the waiting is making me go crazy!
Original post by iunno
do you know what the odds are for getting accepted if you've had an interview? I'm guessing they're not gonna interview the 600 applicants they get for the 40-odd places they have available. and if you are wondering... yes the waiting is making me go crazy!

I know exactly how your feeling! I was just the same! Those few months after the interview were the worst for me. I dont know about the exact odds, but i do know that the 600ish applicants are cut down loads before interview stage. The fact that they offered you an interview is very good news! I'm sure you'll do fine. I managed to get in and i dont interview particularily well. Where were the other places you applied?

Quick Reply

Latest