Mayfield High School coursework

Watch
This discussion is closed.
gilyan
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
Go through each of your hypotheses and say whether your data supports them. Discuss limitations - different sample..., only data from one school..... Evaluate your plan and say how you would/could improve it, what extensions you would do if there was more time. Hope this ramble helps.
xxxxxangiexxxxx
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
hi, thanx the 'ramble' did help. Im handing my coursework in tomorrow and should hopefully be getting the mark back next week. So when i do ill inform you all of what i get.
mexx
Report 17 years ago
OK all, May Peace Be Upon Those Who Follwed The Guidence Of Allah (God).

umm, i think i must 1st let you know more about me.
I study in Kw. in the AOU (Arab Open University) which is an extection to the OU of the UK. and i think that you are discussing the MU120 matrial. well, if so, then i think that u all must have recieved the TI-81 plus calculator and its book. every thing of how to calculate the min, max, mid, mean, and median and lots more, every thing is available there within a press on the calculator's keybord.

I don't know if you all have it. but for me, we reached hte 11th Unit in MU120. it's getting much harder that it used to be. :-) hope you don't get scared of that.

any way, hope you all the best with yur studies. And i'm really so happy to be as a member in this forum with you all guys.

I GTG now, sorry . i cant saty more than i have done. but I hope i Can help you soon.
do you best and salam now.

oh salam is " peace" that it's like to say
"May Peace Be Upon Those Who Follwed The Guidence Of Allah (God)." or like saying " May Peace of Allah be Upon you"

so salam and God Blesses
xxxxxangiexxxxx
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
ive never heard of them things! whats a T1-81 textbook? we were given 2 sheets thats all.
anyway, thanx for the reply! very enlightening.
mexx
Report 17 years ago
Originally posted by xxxxxangiexxxxx
ive never heard of them things! whats a T1-81 textbook? we were given 2 sheets thats all.
anyway, thanx for the reply! very enlightening.
well, i duno y didnt they give u all the material books. But it seems that they will do as the course progresses. Or , umm , ok. I think tat you didnt buy the calculator with its 'huge book'.

Umm by the way, It's the 1st time to act with english people, and i dont know if this name is for male and that is for female. :-) i'm male :P . i'm really happy to know poeple not from the Arab World, although i had some. :-)
ok now. i must leave.
so TC all now.
salam.
yours,
mexx
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
whats tc? and salam?
im female
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
whats tc? and salam?
im female
TC == Take Care
Salam == Goodbye ("A ceremonious act of deference or obeisance, especially a low bow performed while placing the right palm on the forehead. OR A respectful ceremonial greeting performed especially in Islamic countries.")
mexx
Report 17 years ago
whats tc? and salam?
im female
First, I'm a Muslim one. So i said salam.

salam ( in arabic) can be translated into english as (peace)

and when i say salam, i mean ( may peace be upon you) or ( OK, i'll leave you in peace, and meet you in peace)

but Also, AL-Salam is one of Allah's ( God's ) names, He Has 99 names, and AL-Salam is one of these 99.

And in islam, when you meet n e 1, or you talk to him, you start your talking saying
" Alsalam Alikom Wa Rahmato Allah Wa Barakatoh"
which is translated as:
"May peace And Bles of Allah ( God ) be upon you"
this is a great greeting, i really like it.

and as my colleague said,
TC= Take Care. ;-)

so for All of you now, i say:
"Alsalam ALikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakatoh"
"may peace and bless of Allah be upon you"

Yours,
**** nicknamed mexx
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
cool, it sounds well complicated, i think ill stick to english!
mexx
Report 16 years ago
cool, it sounds well complicated, i think ill stick to english!
Well, salam again
and as u all say, Hi, or hello --> i really dont like to use them very much. but they are not easier than saying salam.

n e way,
it's really not complicated brother/sister, it's very easy.
u may felt it's complicated bcoz of all that explanation i have posted, but it's really not hard.

Just wanted to say of all this,
when sum1 ( some one ) i like these short forms,
ok when sum1 get used to do sth, s/he will never think that what s/he does is complicated or hard, all the matter is getting used with something and that's it.

just take care now,
salam
( may peace be upon u all)
yours,
mexx
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
where are you from? and where are you living at the moment?
your language and different ways of saying things sounds interesting.
mexx
Report 16 years ago
where are you from? and where are you living at the moment?
your language and different ways of saying things sounds interesting.
Alsalam alikom all
( May peace and Bless of Allah "God" be upon you all)

thank u brother/sister for your lovely words, you really encouraged me thanks again.

ok, i'm syrian living in Kuwait, 17 years old, Muslim, and studying ITC in the AOU ( Arab Open University) which is an extenction to the OU 0f UK. for this course i have T171 and mu120. ( finished TU170)

Well, I know that i dont have a very good english, but maybe better than lots of my friends, and that's bcoz my father is an English teacher .

really thanks for ur great words.
Hope you all the best in every thing you do.

Tace care now, and
Alsalam alikom again, ( Peace And Bless Of Allah ( God ) be upon You).

yours,
mexx
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
so your in kuwait? have you been affected by the war?
do you like saddam hussein?
all that you said was studying seems very complicated. do you go to college or university?
write back please
thanks
mexx
Report 16 years ago
so your in kuwait? have you been affected by the war?
do you like saddam hussein?
all that you said was studying seems very complicated. do you go to college or university?
write back please
thanks
1- yes i'm in Kuwait. ... about the war, it's really just like a game. it's all lying to us, every few hours they ( here in Kw.) turn on the sirens. i was really laughing, and then when a missile hit ( Shareq Market) there were no sirens !!!!
no, no one here was affected by the war. we were so worry about the iraqi people, also we wanted that rejeem to be changed.
2- surly I HATE SADDAM , although i'm not Kuwaiti.
3-Well, Its name is University, despite the fact that there are only few majors. IT, Buisness administration, ( i think english letreture, and educational major for teachers).
but its name is AOU ( Arab Open University )

well, but i hv a Q 4 u plz.
i didnt understand this sentence very much
"all that you said was studying seems very complicated"
well, it's really not complicated. All the materials we took are very simple. for example, the MU120 subject ---> my young bro, can pass it. all its information are very easy , we took it at school.

any way, maybe i have understood ur sentence wrongly, if so, then plz just clarify.

ne way, i'm really very happy for your questions.

ok now,
and plz reply a.s.a.p
waiting ur reply
salam now.
( peace and bless of Allah ( God) be upon u)
yours,
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
oh, sorry. i meant all that you said you were studying at university seemed very complicated.
what is the reejem? i dont understand that.
also, what are the pockets of resistance?
please reply
thanks
mexx
Report 16 years ago
oh, sorry. i meant all that you said you were studying at university seemed very complicated.
what is the reejem? i dont understand that.
also, what are the pockets of resistance?
please reply
thanks
salam again
(May Peace be upon You ) again.

1st: sorry for being late to relpy to your message, but i couldnt log on to the net the previous days.
any way,
2nd:
sorry about word spellig, i just wrote that word as i used to hear it. so ( reejem ---> regime : a method or system of government )
thanks for clarifying me.

but regarding your second Question brother/sister ...
AAAh, OK OK
i get it now,
well,
it was the first time for me to hear that expretion at the news of the war. ( as you i suppose ) :-)
and i think that they mean with "pockets of resistance" those few numbers of fighters, hide at houses or in trenches and ditches.
i think those fighters are now called "pockets of resistance".

Hope it's a satisfactory answer for you.

ah, and about the university and my study. I think that i have explained it in a complicated way, :-) ( you know, just coudnt fine the right words maybe) but I can believe it's simple, and easy.

really thank you for your time, asking and answering me.
that means a lot to me.
thanks again and take care now,
Alsalam alikom ( May peace and Bless be Upon you )
Yours,
mexx
____
the sooner you reply, the better.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hey again. i dont really understand that pockets of resistance, but it doesnt matter.
the news in britain always say something about 'pockets of resistance' so i was just wondering what they were.
when you watch the news in iraq do you ever see little clips of american or english news programmes? because here in britain we always see clips of saddam hussein and people he knew.
so, what are your hobbies? and what time is it there? here in england its 21:46. are you behind or infront in some hours?
please reply as soon as you can
thanks a lot.
hope to hear from you soon.
)
mexx
Report 16 years ago
hey again. i dont really understand that pockets of resistance, but it doesnt matter.
the news in britain always say something about 'pockets of resistance' so i was just wondering what they were.
when you watch the news in iraq do you ever see little clips of american or english news programmes? because here in britain we always see clips of saddam hussein and people he knew.
so, what are your hobbies? and what time is it there? here in england its 21:46. are you behind or infront in some hours?
please reply as soon as you can
thanks a lot.
hope to hear from you soon.
)
salam again and again ( May peace be upon You)
1- about "pockets of resistance", also it was the first time for me to hear about them from the news.
2- Yes i do, i watch english , american news channels like BBC, Foxnews, VOA, CNN, and other ones.
but let me tell you sth. These channels doesnt present the trueth of what really happens, and they didnt present us the trueth of what took place at Iraq. they just present what the white house want us to see. as you know, it's a news war. And although we all hate Saddam, we have never approved that iraq be under attack.
3- Well, about my hobbies, I like swimming, playing chess, playing Karate and Kong fu. [ I used to play Karate, then I turned to Kong Fu, played it, but i stopped since 2 years because of schools and study, I intend to turn back and start again ]
4- when it's 21.46 in England, it's 21+3 here in Kuwait.
Time here in kuwait= GMT+3 hours.
so, we are infront of you by 3 hours.

any way, i'm really happy because of these messages. thank You brother/sister ???
well, i may i ask you a Q?
as i said b4, I didnt use to have non-arab friends. so i really dont know ( understand) if your names are for Males of Females .
so plz just let me know, that to use the apropriate word
( brother / sister )
so now, just take care [TC]
and salam ( may peace be Upon You)
yours,
mexx
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hi sorry i took so long to reply
im a female = sister
my name is angela. what is your name?
how is things in kuwait?
it seems the war has calmed down now.
how old are you?
reply as soon as you can
angela
)
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
actually the perfect formula to use is

nx^2 + 3 / 5 - n

good luck

+ i advise you do it on proportion of people living in suburban areas,

Doc
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (264)
34.06%
No (511)
65.94%

Watched Threads