The Student Room Group

Where for Law??

Hi all,
I have been made unconditional offers to study Law at East Anglia and Essex (4 years including Human Rights) and have an interview for Warwick on the 27th January. I've also applied to Kings but haven't heard anything from them yet.
Out of these four universities which would you say was the best for Law? Thanks!
Reply 1
Warwick
Reply 2
Isnt it arguably one of the best in the country
Reply 3

Thanks! I'm a mature student and a little bit nrevous about giving up my flat to go move 150 miles away and making the wrong decision. The unviersity Law tables are a bit confusing as the Times Guide differs from the Guardain one. Are they accurate anyway? Who knows!!
Reply 4
goddesshekate

Thanks! I'm a mature student and a little bit nrevous about giving up my flat to go move 150 miles away and making the wrong decision. The unviersity Law tables are a bit confusing as the Times Guide differs from the Guardain one. Are they accurate anyway? Who knows!!

definitley warwick! it looks a great place.......would definitely be near the top of my UCAS form!
Reply 5
goddesshekate
Hi all,
I have been made unconditional offers to study Law at East Anglia and Essex (4 years including Human Rights) and have an interview for Warwick on the 27th January. I've also applied to Kings but haven't heard anything from them yet.
Out of these four universities which would you say was the best for Law? Thanks!

Probably warwick, but it depends if you want to be on a concrete campus no where near warwick!!
King's has a very good reputation for law as it is one of the longest established in this country (1832) - warwick is very concrete and contained within a small community whereas King's is at the heart of London near all the inns of court
Reply 7
Warwick then Kings. They both have really good reps. depends where u wanna be really.
Reply 8
fit
Probably warwick, but it depends if you want to be on a concrete campus no where near warwick!!

Yeah although i assume concrete is not an issue - both Essex and UEA have huge amounts of concrete (being 60's uni's) - i'm sure they have waaay more than Warwick! Mind you, the kaw school at UEA is the only brick building on campus!

I would say Kings has the best rep, however its London so very expensive. Warwick uni is in Coventry, which isn't the nicest or most picturesque of places (consists of a mass of concrete and a cathedral surrounded by a ring road), but it has very good reputation. I don't know much about Essex other than it hs concrete, and UEA also has quite a good reputation for law. If you are going on purely the acedemic side then Kings is the place, but if you are looking for a good all round package (nightlife, expense, social stuff etc) then i'd have a good look at the others too.
Reply 9
Chicken
Yeah although i assume concrete is not an issue - both Essex and UEA have huge amounts of concrete (being 60's uni's) - i'm sure they have waaay more than Warwick! Mind you, the kaw school at UEA is the only brick building on campus!

I would say Kings has the best rep, however its London so very expensive. Warwick uni is in Coventry, which isn't the nicest or most picturesque of places (consists of a mass of concrete and a cathedral surrounded by a ring road), but it has very good reputation. I don't know much about Essex other than it hs concrete, and UEA also has quite a good reputation for law. If you are going on purely the acedemic side then Kings is the place, but if you are looking for a good all round package (nightlife, expense, social stuff etc) then i'd have a good look at the others too.

Warwick for sure, Kings in a dump, full of semi-serious dossers.:smile:
Reply 10
goddesshekate]Hi all,
Thanks for all the advie. I'm kinda thinking about Warwick if they accept me (otherwise Kings) as Warwick enables you to spend a year in Canada..Comparative law, etc
Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending