This discussion is closed.
britney
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hey! well i know that this is a really girlie question to ask and not really relevant to this site but its just that i am going on my first date with this guy that i really really really like on saturday and we are going shopping in manchester. It just that i have no idea what to wear as afterward we are goin to the cinema and shopping and bars later. He is really trendy and goodlooking with the most amazing personality. but i dnt know whether i should wear a skirt or pants, dress up or down? look like ive made an effort? do guys like to know u have made an effort? ahhhhh help please!!!!!!!
xx
:eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by britney)
Hey! well i know that this is a really girlie question to ask and not really relevant to this site but its just that i am going on my first date with this guy that i really really really like on saturday and we are going shopping in manchester. It just that i have no idea what to wear as afterward we are goin to the cinema and shopping and bars later. He is really trendy and goodlooking with the most amazing personality. but i dnt know whether i should wear a skirt or pants, dress up or down? look like ive made an effort? do guys like to know u have made an effort? ahhhhh help please!!!!!!!
xx
:eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Skirt-miniskirt.
britney
Rep:
?
aww thanx, i was thinking bout wearing a skirt, not a mini tho as probably be a bit too cold for that! ne idea what would be the best film to see! i wana see love actually. ne1 seen it?
x
Matt the cat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776 2)
Skirt-miniskirt.
Well it would put me off if you wore that to go shopping in, much to tarty

Try this: red high heel boots/eskimo boots, blue denim jeans, pink or white wollen polo-neck, and a nice coat.

Lol maybe i have no idea... i'm sure i will never be able to dress a girl, but i know what i like on someone and it wouldn't be a miniskirt, especially in the cold.
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Skirt definatly but just reasonably casual, but striking girls wear similar types of clothes whereever they're going
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
there should be a comma between striking and girls, so it reads correctly
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
aww thanx, i was thinking bout wearing a skirt, not a mini tho as probably be a bit too cold for that! ne idea what would be the best film to see! i wana see love actually. ne1 seen it?
x
If your going to the cinema then definitly go see the new lord of the rings film, its still at #1 and its excellent although i guess you may both have seen that so in that case go and see The Last Samurai
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
x
Yes, I've seen it.

I'm not a boy but if I were you I'd stay casual but look like I've made an effort. So probaly jeans and a nice top and jacket really.
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by cobra01977)
there should be a comma between striking and girls, so it reads correctly
Go for nice fitting trousers
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Yes, I've seen it.

I'm not a boy but if I were you I'd stay casual but look like I've made an effort. So probaly jeans and a nice top and jacket really.
Thats almost what i said :d and i am a boy
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
men who go shopping with members of the opposite sex are either gay or married - and if u wish to extend the stereotype the really trendy men are probably gay - but this is more a comical observation than an opinion. I reckon u should wear something understated which is trendy but not inconvenient. Try a nice top - low cut / or otherwise with a tight pair of jeans which say 'bite me' on the backside!
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
In my opinion men who go shopping with members of the opposite sex are either gay or married - and if u wish to extend the stereotype the really trendy men are probably gay - but this is more a comical observation than an opinion. I reckon u should wear something understated which is trendy but not inconvenient. Try a nice top - low cut / or otherwise with a tight pair of jeans which say 'bite me' on the backside!
LOL i agree completely... well not completely i think its okay to go shopping if you are attracted to the girl, and are using it as an excuse for her to get to know you... in which case its an excuse for both of you to spend the day together as 'friends' and probably do little shopping anyway. Otherwise every guy has to go shopping once in a while, to get a presents for your girfriends/wives. Also food shopping and games shopping is okay, equally i believe the correct thing to do is to accompany your girl shopping, if she would like you to be with her.

Also if you think like that then just think of the proportion of males to females
britney
Rep:
?
Well thanx everyone! how about wearing light denium jeans quite tight with black high pointed shoes, a black top and a pin striped blazer over the top. Oh and a black scarf to keep me warm! :P what do you think?
i have seen lord of the rings! amazing film! so we'll probably go and c omething else. what do guys think when a girl offers to pay for the cinema tickets? r u offended?
x
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well thanx everyone! how about wearing light denium jeans quite tight with black high pointed shoes, a black top and a pin striped blazer over the top. Oh and a black scarf to keep me warm! :P what do you think?
i have seen lord of the rings! amazing film! so we'll probably go and c omething else. what do guys think when a girl offers to pay for the cinema tickets? r u offended?
x
Not offended as such, but surprised. He may have something on/and might think you are being desperate-if you are onto him, otherwise as being friends its perfectly fine.
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
what do guys think when a girl offers to pay for the cinema tickets? r u offended?
Well, it'd save a few quid. I wouldn't complain.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If in doubt, go nude.
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Matt the cat)
LOL i agree completely... well not completely i think its okay to go shopping if you are attracted to the girl, and are using it as an excuse for her to get to know you... in which case its an excuse for both of you to spend the day together as 'friends' and probably do little shopping anyway. Otherwise every guy has to go shopping once in a while, to get a presents for your girfriends/wives. Also food shopping and games shopping is okay, equally i believe the correct thing to do is to accompany your girl shopping, if she would like you to be with her.

Also if you think like that then just think of the proportion of males to females
I go shopping with my best friend and love it, (i'm male shes obiously female as i sai she) i dont fancy her at all, does that mean i'm gay???

But anyway ur plan sounds great if a girl wants to buy tickets i would refuse but it would be amazingly rare thing but i would be really happy
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Matt the cat)

good point - i have been guilty on more than one occasion of taking a girl to do something she wants e.g. shopping etc. so i can get in her good books. Shopping for clothes is a bit too far though - i agree with ur suggestions re:food and games
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
good point - i have been guilty on more than one occasion of taking a girl to do something she wants e.g. shopping etc. so i can get in her good books. Shopping for clothes is a bit too far though - i agree with ur suggestions re:food and games
I know this cries out gay, but i like shopping for clothes with her too, and she seems to like me commin cos she invites me
the g
Report 16 years ago
if you really want to impress him go naked.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads