The Student Room Group

Higher English Persuasive Essay Suggestions?

I have to compose a persuasive essay before the October break at home. However, I have to tell my teacher by tommorrow which topic I am going to write about. I've had a few ideas but didn't really like them.

Was just wondering if you guys would help my decided on something? I quite like medical-related things, but wouldn't mind oding anything else...

Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Maybe something school-related, like school meals or use of the Internet in exams? Or exams altogether?
Reply 2
ahh quite like that idea actually... doing ur exams on a computer! :smile:
Reply 3
gibbogersfan
ahh quite like that idea actually... doing ur exams on a computer! :smile:

I can't remember what country, but I'm sure there's one who have started to, or were thinking about starting to let students use the Internet in exams because we can use it as a resource whenever without relying on memorising information from books like in the past. :biggrin:
Reply 4
haha shweeet! Wish i happened to live in that country..
Should plastic surgery be allowed on children?

First thing that came into my head.
Reply 6
JamesWyl
I can't remember what country, but I'm sure there's one who have started to, or were thinking about starting to let students use the Internet in exams because we can use it as a resource whenever without relying on memorising information from books like in the past. :biggrin:

LMFAO! Doing that would make exams pointless though. Anyone could easily look up past paper answers for similar questions and not really have to revise at all apart from revising how to answer the questions properly (like for essay questions).

EDIT: To the OP, I guess you've already chosen your topic by now, but we're doing a persausive essay at the moment too, and I've chosen to do "Inhumane Slaughter of Animals" because it's something I'm strongly against and can really argue about. I guess if you have strong thoughts on a paticular topic you could try doing that, and it is often interesting to do very unique topics. For example last year for Standard Grade I did one on the Arcade Claw machine being rigged to only pay out every 10 times for example, and how it was wrong (i.e. targetting children with a rigged system). Anyhow, good luck with writing it if you haven't already. I'm supposed to hand in my first draft tommorow and I havent even started. And it's 11.15pm haha.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
McWolf
LMFAO! Doing that would make exams pointless though. Anyone could easily look up past paper answers for similar questions and not really have to revise at all apart from revising how to answer the questions properly (like for essay questions).

I guess. It does kind of make sense though - we have the internet, why should we rely on memorising text from books?
Reply 8
Original post by gibbogersfan
I have to compose a persuasive essay before the October break at home. However, I have to tell my teacher by tommorrow which topic I am going to write about. I've had a few ideas but didn't really like them.

Was just wondering if you guys would help my decided on something? I quite like medical-related things, but wouldn't mind oding anything else...

Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks :smile:

what did you pick your essay on then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending