This discussion is closed.
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by yumi)
But i heard that if u wanna apply 4 Cambridge you need at least 4 A2s otherwise you wouldn't be able to compete with other candidates. Is that true?
No! In a word. They can't expect everyone to have 4A2s: some schools won't allow you to take four (I had to fight with mine very hard before they'd let me, and my taking the fourth was nothing to do with Cambridge).

Economics, Maths and Chemistry are a very strong set of subjects to apply to Cambridge with. You might want to consider AS Further Maths if you're strong mathematically, but it's by no means essential. And keeping on Business Studies probably wouldn't help much - especially if you don't enjoy it. If you're happier taking the 3, take three
ASNaC
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by emilycatelia)
thank you for all these comments. everything depends on my AS results. one good thing about oxbridge is that they consider individual situations. i don't think anyone in this forum can judge whether anyone can get into oxbridge. only oxbridge students can give 'some' ideas. i'm not obsessed with oxbridge (i know some people in this forum are), cambridge is my target (not oxford), and i know what i'm doing. even if i'm not accepted, i still tried my best.
There is no harm in applying and trying. Yes people with 13 A*s are rejected, but people with mostly As and Bs are also accepted (I have a friend studying chemical NatSci here whose GCSEs were weaker than yours) provided they have strong ASs, a good personal statement and reference, and they interview well. Try your best, and ultimately Oxbridge is not the be all and end all - if you are looking for less mathematical courses, you might want to look at SOAS (a friend of mine is studying econmics there and it doesn't seem to be too maths based).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (446)
59.07%
Yes- I don't like it (42)