The Student Room Group
Reply 1
_EMMA_
i'm not very good with computers, does any one know what programme you can use to draw graphs?

it can be better to do graphs by hand, but if you use the pc, use a spreadsheet like Excel or 123.
_EMMA_
i'm not very good with computers, does any one know what programme you can use to draw graphs?

Microsoft Excel
Reply 3
_EMMA_

you can use excel.
just put all of your results in a table, and click on the graph button at the top. the wizard will take you through the rest
Reply 4
thank you :smile:
really appreciate it
Reply 5
I don't know what type of graphs you want. If you want to do mathematical graphs such as sin(x) , cos (3x) etc. Omnigraph is a good program/ You can download a trial version too if you're interested.
Excel

or OpenOffice (which is free and compatable with microsoft office)
Reply 7
if you're using windows xp get the powertoy calculator from microsoft,. it has a lot more precision (512 bit instead of the usual 64 bit) and it draws and prints mathematical graphs (i.e. functions), but not user-defined grahs (i.e. data points)

or you could pay £300 for mathematica.
Reply 8
http://www.mathsnet.net/

I think there are some graph applets there that you can use.
Reply 9
You can download a 30-day trial of Autograph if you're not necessarily looking or a permanent solution.

http://www.autograph-math.com/
Reply 10
elpaw
if you're using windows xp get the powertoy calculator from microsoft,. it has a lot more precision (512 bit instead of the usual 64 bit) and it draws and prints mathematical graphs (i.e. functions), but not user-defined grahs (i.e. data points)

or you could pay £300 for mathematica.

Mathematica is excellent software. I highly recommend it.
Reply 11
capslock
Mathematica is excellent software. I highly recommend it.

too expensive for me though, besides i wouldn't use it that much
thanks anyway, and everybody else for that matter :smile:
Reply 12
_EMMA_

I find the easiest program to use to draw graphs is excel but you can use Lotus 123.

Latest

Trending

Trending