The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Accomodation at manchester

Hey, I'm looking into accommodation for next year at Manchester and want self-catered with en-suite. I've so far been looking at:
Lambert and Fairfield
Weston Hall
Canterbury Court
Ashburne House
Richmond Park
Sheavyn House
Pankhurst House

And I was wondering if someone could help me out with a bit of info on any of them...I'm looking for somewhere with a good social life that's convenient and generally a fun and nice place to live.
Thanks
Weston and Lambert and Fairfield are part of North Campus which is very international and not very social. I'm not being anti internation students, but all the ones I lived with kept themselves to themselves. My best friend lived in Sheavyn and although it's expensive, I'd recommend that one, because it's convenient for Fallowfield and most other students, and also is social etc. Ashburne is too, but I believe it's a girls only hall. The two people I spoke to who lived in Richmond Park didn't have a good time, though that may just have been their experience. Also I don't think the rooms were massive. I'm afraid I don't know anything about the other two.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
jesshodge11
Hey, I'm looking into accommodation for next year at Manchester and want self-catered with en-suite. I've so far been looking at:
Lambert and Fairfield
Weston Hall
Canterbury Court
Ashburne House
Richmond Park
Sheavyn House
Pankhurst House

And I was wondering if someone could help me out with a bit of info on any of them...I'm looking for somewhere with a good social life that's convenient and generally a fun and nice place to live.
Thanks

Speaking from experience, don't apply just for self-catered ensuite. Apply for with basin or something as one of your choices.
Self catered ensuite halls are pretty much all high demand so you may not get your choice and end up with something completely the opposite like I did (basin, catered).
Reply 3
jesshodge11
Lambert and Fairfield
Weston Hall
Canterbury Court
Ashburne House
Richmond Park
Sheavyn House
Pankhurst House

Thanks

Spread your choices out - you've gone too high. Self-catered en-suite is the most popular, and you'll end up in OH or OP proabbly. Chose where you want to live. Fallowfield -further from uni, but sociable, Victoria Park - bad transport links, quite, close to uni. City - on uni, close to town. Choose an ensuite catered and self-catered shared bathroom place, just to balance it out.

Latest

Trending

Trending