This discussion is closed.
fishpaste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Does anybody know if I could do this?

I sat P1, P2, P3, M1, S1, S2 last year.

The modular scores sum to aaround 490, barely an A. Now my P2 score was only 70, but I reckon with a resit, this could be 100. I don't think P4 went swimmingly, could I move P4 into my Maths alevel, take S2 out, and use S2 for my further maths alevel?

I haven't certificated anything but AS Maths yet, (P1, M1, S1).
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)

The modular scores sum to aaround 490, barely an A. Now my P2 score was only 70, but I reckon with a resit, this could be 100. I don't think P4 went swimmingly, could I move P4 into my Maths alevel, take S2 out, and use S2 for my further maths alevel?

Tell me about it, I only got 70 in P2. So I am gonna re-sit it, I think I want an A in maths now.

You need to have two modules that are the same. You cant take S2 out, then put P4 into it. S1 is like level 1 stats, S2 is level 2, I believe you need at least 2 levels of one topic to get the qualification.

I asked Ms Brown about doing M1 as well as my other modules, just for fun, I enquired whether I could remove S2 in place of it, and she said no. Cause then I would have P1 P2 P3 S1 D1 M1. You need 2 levels of one topic.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Tell me about it, I only got 70 in P2. So I am gonna re-sit it, I think I want an A in maths now.

You need to have two modules that are the same. You cant take S2 out, then put P4 into it. S1 is like level 1 stats, S2 is level 2, I believe you need at least 2 levels of one topic to get the qualification.

I asked Ms Brown about doing M1 as well as my other modules, just for fun, I enquired whether I could remove S2 in place of it, and she said no. Cause then I would have P1 P2 P3 S1 D1 M1. You need 2 levels of one topic.
*******s, guess that's why we didn't do M1,S1,D1.
Soulfish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
According to the edexcel maths specification, A-Level maths requires P1-P3 and three application units (ie M1 - M6, S1 - S6, D1-D2) including at least one A2 unit. Only P1, M1 and S1 count as AS units.

Further maths AS must comprise P4, plus two other units, one being an application unit and another A2 unit.
Further Maths A-Level has to include P4 and P5 and four other units. Three of which have to be A2 and three of which have to be application units.

Obviously I've only picked up a few of the different options. There are plenty more in the specification if you have a look
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)

well P1, P2, P3 and ONE OF M1 and S1 HAVE to be in single maths, and P4 HAS to be in further maths. S2 can go anywhere you want.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
OCR board.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
and you can only have 3 1 modules in A level maths. You must have at least 2 2s. (i'm doing P1,P2,P3,S1,S2, cwk + i wasn't allowed to have D1 instead of S2, but i could have it in place of coursework)

lou xxx
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (388)
67.24%
No (189)
32.76%

Watched Threads