The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Property law 1b exam tomorrow. It will go fine if three of the questions are about easements, mortgages and TOLATA. Otherwise, I'll fail. I hate how this degree is all about luck.
Original post by zaliack
Property law 1b exam tomorrow. It will go fine if three of the questions are about easements, mortgages and TOLATA. Otherwise, I'll fail. I hate how this degree is all about luck.

It's not if you actually cover everything though. (I have never done this and relied on luck exclusively - and successfully - throughout my studies)
Original post by Norton1
It's not if you actually cover everything though. (I have never done this and relied on luck exclusively - and successfully - throughout my studies)

Lol I just can't bring myself to revise trusts as I know I'll have the joy of that horror all next year.
Original post by zaliack
Lol I just can't bring myself to revise trusts as I know I'll have the joy of that horror all next year.

Does it make you mad to know that my degree had trusts as one tiny section as part of a much bigger course?
Original post by Norton1
Does it make you mad to know that my degree had trusts as one tiny section as part of a much bigger course?

Really? Whatever module I study, I get attacked by trusts.
Original post by zaliack
Really? Whatever module I study, I get attacked by trusts.

Much less pervasive in Scotland. Tracing isn't even a thing.
Original post by Norton1
Much less pervasive in Scotland. Tracing isn't even a thing.

I haven't the slightest clue what tracing is yet! We have semesters for equity and trusts next year, yet my uni is blogging us down with half of this semester focused on trusts! Wish I studied Scots law instead of English law now :frown:
Reply 2367
ffs tort at 2 and the cases just won't stick. This is ****ing horrible.
Original post by mirin?
ffs tort at 2 and the cases just won't stick. This is ****ing horrible.

Stay calm, and GOOD LUCK!!! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by zaliack

Can you question-spot? I mean, I've found by looking at the past 3-5 years of past papers in a subject, I can work out what I can and can't drop. Obviously there's then an element of luck involved in how nice the questions in my chosen topics will be but I've yet to sit a paper where I have genuinely been completely unable to answer 4 questions and that element of luck appears in every degree, I think. I've never thought of question-spotting as luck - just forward planning, allowing me to revise efficiently. But then, this may not be the same at your uni?
Original post by gethsemane342

For what it's worth, you were right about David Henton. I've realised why I was mistaken as to one letter - "David H..." (my version) used to be principal of my sixth form.

Sadly he was replaced before I got there, so I'll never know whether thinking of him as a crazy cat guy is justified. :rofl:
Original post by Tortious
For what it's worth, you were right about David Henton. I've realised why I was mistaken as to one letter - "David H..." (my version) used to be principal of my sixth form.

Sadly he was replaced before I got there, so I'll never know whether thinking of him as a crazy cat guy is justified. :rofl:

Tbh, it strikes me as something they weren't expecting us to know anyway. Or rather, they knew it was in his textbook but it's very easy to reason to the same answer so if you didn't know it, you could reach the same conclusion regardless.

(I don't even know who David Henton is!)
Anyone studying the gdl at college of law this September?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2373
Criminal Law on Wednesday, I am petrified.
Reply 2374
Hi I'm hopefully going to LSE for my L.L.B in September! Really looking forward to that :smile:
If anyone happens to know the intricate details of how Laval [2008], the Posted Workers Directive and choice of law in employment works in conjunction with strikes and TULRCA and feels like explaining it to me, I will love you forever. I spent over an hour trying to get my head around it and trying to veer away from attempting to apply Latvian law to a problem question...
Hello all, I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Hope everyone's exams went well, what are people up to this summer?
Original post by jjarvis
Hello all, I'm baaaaaaaaaack! Hope everyone's exams went well, what are people up to this summer?

Studying another semester at uni - damn two year degree :smile:
Original post by Forum User
Studying another semester at uni - damn two year degree :smile:

If it's any consolation, I've finished my degree and only have a month or so before the LPC starts...
Reply 2379
Original post by jjarvis
If it's any consolation, I've finished my degree and only have a month or so before the LPC starts...

Hello Jarvis, and Congrats on the end of your exams...
When did you decide to go the solicitor route?

Latest

Trending

Trending