The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Wow. What utter bullshit.
Reply 2
How silly!
Reply 3
dude i totally agree with you. If we hadn't learned from our past the world would be in complete disarray
Reply 4
Is this world going crazy, or is it just me?!? Boy... it really looks to me as if there were an unofficial contest going on in Britain, called "Let's Mess Up British Education!" The first price for that, will, no doubt, go to a senior government offcial whose last name starts with B... you have 10 secs to guess who it is... any ideas, children?

Normally I'd say, "This is the most stupid thing I've ever read", however I shall not say that, because no doubt tomorrow they'll come up with something even more stupid.
Pegasus
What does everyone think about this:

http://education.guardian.co.uk/higher/columnist/story/0,9826,1122119,00.html

What's the big idea with the government trying to make everything vocational, whilst at the same time trying to push more people into higher education? Its understandable with languages and sciences but some subjects like history will never work as vocational courses!! When will these people learn!

I think Geography is a whole lot better anyway.
gozabadoza
dude i totally agree with you. If we hadn't learned from our past the world would be in complete disarray

it is in disarray...not yet complete
Reply 7
Matt the cat
I think Geography is a whole lot better anyway.

:mad: we have discussed this before Matty! History beats Geography EVERY time :biggrin:
aliel
:mad: we have discussed this before Matty! History beats Geography EVERY time :biggrin:

HA! that is in your opinion i must say. In mine it does not. In fact i think history is a bit of an excuse for a dos! 'It too old, let go its over'
Reply 9
Matt the cat
HA! that is in your opinion i must say. In mine it does not. In fact i think history is a bit of an excuse for a dos! 'It too old, let go its over'

Ohhh Mafoo. :rolleyes:
aliel
Ohhh Mafoo. :rolleyes:

Your nearly at 500 posts there darling :cool:

They have been real good posts also
Reply 11
why do the governemnt want to destory everything. I loved history gcse and a-level. These new suggestions sound like total B******s. The average 10 year old could do that stuff. They obviously have such a low opinion of students. Also how the hell our people going to cope with the a-level if they learn sod all at gcse. The a-level will just end up being devaled and eventually that will have the same effect at degree level. I jsut can't see what the point in messing with the system is.
Reply 12
That is shocking. You need to learn proper history to understand the world in which you live and were you fit into it. History has always been very academic and not vocational but it was still really respected and taken by lots of students.
Reply 13
emom100
why do the governemnt want to destory everything. I loved history gcse and a-level. These new suggestions sound like total B******s. The average 10 year old could do that stuff. They obviously have such a low opinion of students. Also how the hell our people going to cope with the a-level if they learn sod all at gcse. The a-level will just end up being devaled and eventually that will have the same effect at degree level. I jsut can't see what the point in messing with the system is.

The point of "messing with the system" is to enable the government to better massage it's education statistics.
Reply 14
Howard
The point of "messing with the system" is to enable the government to better massage it's education statistics.

...and also to destroy the brains of future generations, who will one day be running this country!!
Reply 15
aliel

I concur :biggrin:
Reply 16
History > Geography, although they are two great subjects.

One thing i do hate is cliches, and "sex-up" is definitely one that I would like to throw into room 101.
Reply 17
Bigcnee
One thing i do hate is cliches, and "sex-up" is definitely one that I would like to throw into room 101.

I know its, like, so 2003! :tongue:
I don't think anyone agrees with this propsal, and hopefully it will never see the light of day. But it's scary isn't it?
Why won't they just let us LEARN!

Latest

Trending

Trending