The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
(Online)
What do people think this means (taken from Liverpool website):
"A levels in three subjects taken at one sitting after 2 years of study"? Do they want you to do your exams in one go, i.e. no resits or is it just the whole 2 year thing? :confused:

It means all your exams should be taken without any resits, bcuz if theres a guy that got his grades without resits, and theres sum1 that has achieved the same results but resat one or a few exams, they'll give priority to the guy with no resits...

think thats about it...

hope i helped
Reply 21
Zakir
It means all your exams should be taken without any resits, bcuz if theres a guy that got his grades without resits, and theres sum1 that has achieved the same results but resat one or a few exams, they'll give priority to the guy with no resits...

think thats about it...

hope i helped

Ah, I thought as much :frown: I'm going to do a few resits. Probs still apply mind, I've got nowhere else in mind lol.

Hello competition ;D

I LOVE THEIR GCSE POINTS SYSTEM :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 23
(Online)
Ah, I thought as much :frown: I'm going to do a few resits. Probs still apply mind, I've got nowhere else in mind lol.

They don't mind resits within the two years.
Organ

Really? So it's ok for me to retake the AS modules yes???

AND they require a B in the AS subject dropped? Does this mean I can apply with this grade predicted, or do I need to have already achieved it? I was 3 UMS marks off a B and I'm retaking this, but I don't know if they'll allow this. (I'm predicted AAAb)

But I don't know if they'll allow me to be PREDICTED the B or if they would only want applicants who have already achieved the B.

Do you know??????
Reply 25
lucyyyyyyyyyy
Really? So it's ok for me to retake the AS modules yes???

AND they require a B in the AS subject dropped? Does this mean I can apply with this grade predicted, or do I need to have already achieved it? I was 3 UMS marks off a B and I'm retaking this, but I don't know if they'll allow this. (I'm predicted AAAb)

But I don't know if they'll allow me to be PREDICTED the B or if they would only want applicants who have already achieved the B.

Do you know??????

I don't know about the dropped subject - best to ring/email. If you are carrying on it's fine.
Reply 26
Organ

Having read the stuff below as well as this, I feel much better! I love Liverpool and honestly would be gutted not to get an offer due to resits.

Thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 27
(Online)
Having read the stuff below as well as this, I feel much better! I love Liverpool and honestly would be gutted not to get an offer due to resits.

Thank you! :biggrin:

Resits won't be the reason if you get a rejection :p:
Reply 28
Organ
Resits won't be the reason if you get a rejection :p:

Thats true...the only reason you myt get rejected for resits would be if everyone that applied didn't do any resits...which is VERY unlikely...go for your resits and make sure you try hard enough to get the highest possible grade...bcuz if your grades high enough, they might not care if you did resits!!

if you get what im saying?
Reply 29
I got confused by their entry requirements!
When they're talking about A2 stuff, they say they only accept one of maths/further maths.
Does that mean i can use my further maths as my AS grade and use maths as an A2?
If not, looks like I wont be applying here! Lmao :smile:
Does anyone know if I can be predicted a B for the AS subject I'm retaking, or do I have to of already achieved the B before applying :s-smilie:
Reply 31
lucyyyyyyyyyy
Does anyone know if I can be predicted a B for the AS subject I'm retaking, or do I have to of already achieved the B before applying :s-smilie:

talk to your subject teacher...see if she can change your predicted grade...only for AS tho...

bcuz at AS, i think theres this company that work out your target grade based on your GCSE results...but im not sure..

hav a word with your teacher...
916-CALL-TURK
Medicine thread, brah :rolleyes:

hey i'm applying to liverpool and bsms :smile: you competition you! :biggrin: whats your W.E like?
laurencebaker1
hey i'm applying to liverpool and bsms :smile: you competition you! :biggrin: whats your W.E like?

One week with this guy:

Two weeks voluinteering at an orphanage in India, worked with doctors administering vaccines etc.
One week with a GP in Hammersmith (cajj).

That much got me an interview at Brizzle last year so I reckon it's enough for now.

Gonna get some more soon, just to have something to talk about at interview (I'm on my Gap Yah :wink:)
916-CALL-TURK
One week with this guy:

Two weeks voluinteering at an orphanage in India, worked with doctors administering vaccines etc.
One week with a GP in Hammersmith (cajj).

That much got me an interview at Brizzle last year so I reckon it's enough for now.

Gonna get some more soon, just to have something to talk about at interview (I'm on my Gap Yah :wink:)

Hospice, hospital, care home now feel cliché :smile: get you!!! haha. The only interesting thing I worked was on a farm with disabled youths :smile: The hospice was the most rewarding in my eyes. :smile:))) i relished helping them in any way i could. have a good gappy! :smile:
oh and does anybody else find what they're scoring your UCAS form on a tad vague?
Reply 36
Hey guys i want to know if i should consider liverpool, I got 5.5A* (maths, biology, chemistry, physics, arabic, RE) 4A's (English lang,food, german, psychology) a B (english lit) and a C in media studies ( i did this in year 9 in one year :') ) and pass's in ICT and public services!
I got AAAABB at AS potentially AAAAAB with a remark :biggrin:
but my school doesn't cash in results :frown: also i haven't done any resits with the exception of a GCSE physics resit last year to get from an A to a A*
I do bio, chem, maths and arabic and hope to get predicted A*A*AA
am i in for a chance academically?!
thanksssss
Reply 37
liverpooooooool!!!!!
Reply 38
tatz333
liverpooooooool!!!!!

Woop! Woop!
Reply 39
sohanshah
If you have any other Qs, feel free to ask! :smile:

You don't happen to know how Liverpool score Personal Statements do you? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending