This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Hey everybody,

I just found your site and thought i would make you feel a lot better!

I have had no programming experience what so ever, and found this coursework a breeze, AFTER i sat down and drew out what i imagined it to be.

Your best bet is to use access, you CAN do it using VB, C++, Delphi etc but its more hassle than its worth and YOU DONT get any more marks for coding the lot!!

Start off with four main tables, one for candidates, one for marks (including remarks), Centres and Subjects (including boundaries)

Usign those four tables its fairly easy and obvious to DRAW OUT ON PAPER, how you want the database to work, etc - the hardest bit (i believe you will find) is the logon screen - its do able but...tricky ish.

It is ESSENTIAL you look at your relationships - u need many, one to many relationships reinforcing data integrity (ill leave you guessing as to where) to make sure the grades update themselves etc.

HINT: - the exam mark lookup for grades is all CODE BASED!! - you do not need to look at any other tables, but you do need a hidden form to point the marks/grades at...

you MUST have a logon form, with the UKAB logo on to get the basic marks - do NOT forget that.

you DO NOT need more than 4 tables

you DO NOT need more than 4 relationships

Think about multi-level access (e.g. users and admin) for editing records....

- all these things boost up your marks - if you want ANY other help (or clearer details) feel free to email me put the subject as UKAB Coursework - and email:

[email protected] om

or

[email protected]

good luck to all you others - you'll be fine!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
hey kip just saw u on forum...its jarrod....lol...weird seeing u posting on a forum which i found randomly on a google search
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
why do you need a login screen? They use a network so why do they need to login again to the program?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Security Issue probably

but if they are allowed to access it then they must know password
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I'm sure it doesn't say in the specification that a logon screen is needed.

How would it be done it access? Using a form with VBA code? Specific help would be appreciated.. Thx.
andyp116
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
How can i make an opening page in excel please email me [email protected]

Any other excel help would be well apreciated if any one wants a copy of my coursework id be happy to email you.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Hey guys, just thought i'd let you know, if you want to do A2 Computing then DON'T USE ACCESS! you can only do A2 if you do it in VB. And beside's if you wanted to piss around with access, why didn't ya take IT? :P
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I'M afraid hes right. Next year at A2 you need to show off the fact that you can do some code...an using Access ain't gonna help. I ve been doing some reading and ALSO, the course (Edexcel) recommends that you should not only learn some code and maybe Visual Basic (that kind of beginner stuff) BUT also they think you should try and learn C or Delphi for a bit of extra homework!!!!
(Access, bad idea.)

Good luck to everyone doing computing, good luck with the exams... if anyone can recommend a good revision book for AS computing please let me know.... [email protected]
cheerz Alex
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
I'm sure it doesn't say in the specification that a logon screen is needed.

How would it be done it access? Using a form with VBA code? Specific help would be appreciated.. Thx.
Dude if youve got VB v6 then a login form come with it as a template. Select new userfrom, then browse through the files till u see the login.frm or something like that.

If you dont have VB v6 email me so i can rely or send you a
ready-made package login deal (what the f**k am i on about)
[email protected]
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
u dont need a login screen, it does not say in the specification. my teachers havent mentioned it, but they are useless anyway.

i only have 1 relationship and 2 tables
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Im re-doing my project, because i screwed up something. Does anyone have any idea about the data input form?
Im trying to program in the SQL code for it. AARRGGHH
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (163)
15.51%
Uncertainty around my education (172)
16.37%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (102)
9.71%
Isolating with family (71)
6.76%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (39)
3.71%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (91)
8.66%
Loneliness (105)
9.99%
Financial worries (47)
4.47%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (96)
9.13%
Exposure to negative news/social media (74)
7.04%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (91)
8.66%

Watched Threads