This discussion is closed.
TQM
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
is Asda a Private limted company or a public limited company. Someone said it is a Public but I think it is a Private. Please hlep me. I need this inoformation tonight.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TQM)
is Asda a Private limted company or a public limited company. Someone said it is a Public but I think it is a Private. Please hlep me. I need this inoformation tonight.
Its gotta be a Public Limited company. As its shares can be bought and sold freely on the stock exchange?
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Its owned by wallmart but go to www.companieshouse.gov.uk and do a search it will tell you there. I am pretty sure it will be a PLC. LTD companies tend to be smaller and have more limited growth. Its only the biggest companies that are PLCs as they require a lot of capitol to setup.

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Public limited companies are those that generally have a turnover greater than 50 thousand.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It's a PLC (that's the public one). The definition of a PLC is one that sells ownership of it publically on the stock exchange, and that its ownership is limited to those shareholders. A private limited company does not openly sell ownership of itself but keeps it among a few (or even one) individuals.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
It's a PLC (that's the public one). The definition of a PLC is one that sells ownership of it publically on the stock exchange, and that its ownership is limited to those shareholders. A private limited company does not openly sell ownership of itself but keeps it among a few (or even one) individuals.
LTD. Companies are allowed to sell shares privately. To float on the stock exchange you need a lot of capital, and all you accounts become published.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (149)
60.57%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.47%
No- I want it (69)
28.05%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.91%

Watched Threads