This discussion is closed.
Webit
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
everyone seems to be leaving uk-learning. established members that is some without even a word of good bye. The list is getting longer by the day. why?
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Webit)
everyone seems to be leaving uk-learning. established members that is some without even a word of good bye. The list is getting longer by the day. why?
who knows? but it's sad...

lou xxx
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I can't be asked with the site anymore. Theres no real good quality threads anymore. Loads of random things. More spam/useless posts. That maybe a good reason.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well I'm back (until September at least)... in this time I hope to establish myself if I haven't already done so.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Webit)
In no particular order:

Its exam time for pretty much the whole of January (I had my three modules on the 9th). As a result of this people spend less time mucking about on the Internet and more time hitting the books.

Much of the forum has disintegrated into repeat threads or ****ging matches. As a result of this the general quality of threads has deteriorated and many people have decided not to bother posting any more.

With deadlines in the next 10 - 12 weeks many people are turning their attention to coursework, this can be very time consuming.

As a result of (2) there seems to be less to discuss.

The forum has been expanded with sub forums thus creating the impression of less threads.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A nice commentary Mark.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've been busy re-wiring and decorating my room.
Webit
I thought some of them left to go to the .com as the names of a few who no longer post here were in the members list over there. that forum is gone now so i wonder if they might come back here? if so will they be accepted back?
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Webit)
I thought some of them left to go to the .com as the names of a few who no longer post here were in the members list over there. that forum is gone now so i wonder if they might come back here? if so will they be accepted back?
like who? from what i saw most members on there remained on here (i only registered to rant)

lou xxx
Webit
(Original post by lou p lou)
like who? from what i saw most members on there remained on here (i only registered to rant)

lou xxx
mr. white
sire
curryadd
eric bischoff aka martin lewis
infinity
there were others those are just the prominent ones that come to mind.
I know curry add and eric bischoff still posts here the others do not.
Webit
i think i saw petrozzie on there also
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
A nice commentary Mark.
Thank you, I only hope that the person who will be marking the exam I sat last Friday concurs.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm back Does that count. Hardly established myself, though I agree with 2776 about the quality of the threads. Well not so much the quality, but there is less of interest being posted these days. Give it time though. It will rise again. Any news of Whitey?
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
Thank you, I only hope that the person who will be marking the exam I sat last Friday concurs.
Which exam? Politics?
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
I'm back Does that count. Hardly established myself, though I agree with 2776 about the quality of the threads. Well not so much the quality, but there is less of interest being posted these days. Give it time though. It will rise again. Any news of Whitey?
He ran off with Snow White and the Seven adolescent drawves.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
He ran off with Snow White and the Seven adolescent drawves.
No it wasn't it was the smurfs. He does have a pechance for little blue smurfs you know.
Percy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Webit)
mr. white
sire
curryadd
eric bischoff aka martin lewis
infinity
there were others those are just the prominent ones that come to mind.
I know curry add and eric bischoff still posts here the others do not.
The forums are a better place without them.
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
The forums are a better place without them.
nah, totally disagree- the forums are the worst now that they have ever been during my existance here. there is nothing of any interest to reply to anywhere and you end up writing essays about scarves etc. i do normally try and give out my rep each day, but haven't bothered today cos nothing has made me remotely interested.

lou xxx
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)

Yay, welcome back Sire! I've missed you, you always have something interesting and relevant to say
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Which exam? Politics?
Yes, either someone has a very good memory of what I am studying or they took it too!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (7)
30.43%
No (14)
60.87%
Don't know (2)
8.7%

Watched Threads